Tempered Glass Screen Protector s6 edge +

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I cannot find curved tempered glass screen protectors for the GS6 edge plus. Anybody know where to find them?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Tempered glass and Gorilla Glass 4 have about the same hardness, so the protector won't protect the screen from breaking if you drop it. It'll scratch and protect the screen from that, but so will a $2 plastic protector. (And plastic will take up just a bit of shock if you drop the phone.

If you want breakage protection, wait for a sapphire screen protector. Tempered glass doesn't really do anything a GG 4 screen with a cheap plastic protector doesn't.

Or wait for Otterbox to come out with a case for the Edge - that can take lot more pounding than a screen protector.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Tempered glass and Gorilla Glass 4 have about the same hardness, so the protector won't protect the screen from breaking if you drop it. It'll scratch and protect the screen from that, but so will a $2 plastic protector. (And plastic will take up just a bit of shock if you drop the phone.

If you want breakage protection, wait for a sapphire screen protector. Tempered glass doesn't really do anything a GG 4 screen with a cheap plastic protector doesn't.

Or wait for Otterbox to come out with a case for the Edge - that can take lot more pounding than a screen protector.
This is so far from the truth. Sapphire glass will not happen anytime soon because of cost! I know I'm not paying $100 for a screen protector. The Tempered glass will indeed protect the phone screen from scratches and shattering.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i just really want scratch protection without rubbing plastic and losing screen beauty

And i dont use cases, they are for people with actual lives.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i just really want scratch protection without rubbing plastic and losing screen beauty

And i dont use cases, they are for people with actual lives.

It'll be tough to find a Tempered glass for the S6E or S6E+ due to the nature of the screen. Your best bet is the ZAGG Invisible.

Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It'll be tough to find a Tempered glass for the S6E or S6E+ due to the nature of the screen. Your best bet is the ZAGG Invisible.

Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

They have some for the s6 edge, just not the plus yet, amazon

mortalmallard

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
BestBuy has some Zagg glass protectors. They were sold out so not sure of the model number and what not. Spigen has some of their crystal protectors but they are not shipping until 8/31. They are not glass either but they do have the feel of the glass.

Cvdude89

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Found 1 online thru Google search and it was from dsstyles under shopping, can't post the link yet I guess but i'll reply back wen I get it

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm going naked with this phone, for the first time ever. I just don't think there's going to be a tempered glass released that will work perfectly for the Edge + screen.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going naked with this phone, for the first time ever. I just don't think there's going to be a tempered glass released that will work perfectly for the Edge + screen.

I really want to, but I'm terrified of dropping and damaging such an expensive beauty.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I will now only be naked because I dropped the $129 on coverage from SquareTrade. I can dropped and bust it as many times as my wallet will allow with a $79 deductible.

Benny Fok

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Currently the only screen protector for s6+ have those rubber feel which i kinda hate..
Till tempered glass arrive I may reconsider..

Posted via the Android Central App

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I actually got the Spigen Crystal HD from Amazon last week. The description said "curved crystal" so I was thinking glass-like. While it is a plastic film, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you dig your fingernail into it, you can tell it's a film covering the screen, but just normal use, you don't really notice any dragging or friction as you would on a lot of other films.

Just found these on amazon, if you want to pay $40: http://www.amazon.com
Available on the 19th.

I came across a few others that are also cheaper, but delivery is set for mid-late October.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Wife was using hers without a protector... and scratched it pretty good. Looks like a gouge from keys. Bought the wet-application one on amazon and am forcing her to use it now.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I actually got the Spigen Crystal HD from Amazon last week. The description said "curved crystal" so I was thinking glass-like. While it is a plastic film, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you dig your fingernail into it, you can tell it's a film covering the screen, but just normal use, you don't really notice any dragging or friction as you would on a lot of other films.

Just found these on amazon, if you want to pay $40: http://www.amazon.com
Available on the 19th.

I came across a few others that are also cheaper, but delivery is set for mid-late October.

That one on Amazon is now $60. Umm, no thank you. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca