Got my AT&T Edge Plus 64gb on Monday, August 18, 2015

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today, I received my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ from AT&T (ordered direct from their Premier website). I had some trouble getting it activated though: the online activation said "failed" so I had to call a CSR. The first CSR could not activate the device either, stating some kind of problem with the "features" of the data plan for the device. She had to transfer me to a different department. This time I was on the phone for almost an hour as she and a supervisor fiddled with getting it activated. Well they finally did and it's working great now!

So far I love the phone. I have a regular Galaxy S6 that I've been using for a little while now, but I'll be selling that now that I have the Edge+. I felt the Edge+ had everything I was looking for: larger screen, top of the line camera, better battery life than my S6 (though probably not much), the Edge screen (I didn't get the Edge initially because I found a really good deal on an unlocked regular S6), and the fast wireless charging (currently waiting for Samsung to get it in stock).

The one thing I cannot get to work is the Live Youtube Streaming from the camera app. When I select the Live streaming mode from the camera app, it asks me to sign in to my Youtube account. It pops up a little mini browser. I put in my Google creds and it does the 2-factor authentication thingy and gives me a code. That works, and it says my Youtube account is enabled for Live streaming. But as soon as I close the little mini browser, the signin pops back up again. I cannot get this to stop. I tried closing the camera app, rebooting the phone, signing out of Youtube and back in again, but nothing seems to work. Not sure if there's an authentication problem between the camera app and Youtube, or perhaps the Live streaming isn't working yet?

Anyway, loving the phone!

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! Scoop us on the battery :) & what phone did you have previously?

Battery life has been exactly like expected: noticeably better than the S6 I was using before, but just average in general. I think it's more efficient with on-screen usage, but it'll still drop very quickly when doing certain tasks, especially if they involve the camera. Really glad it still has fast charging, and looking forward to trying the wireless fast charging when the charger becomes available.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Feedback on the Edge screen? Have a Note Edge and would like to know more about the S6+'s functionality.

I can't compare it to the Note Edge because I never had that, but I've read that it is less functional. You have either people edge (contact shortcuts) or apps edge (app shortcuts). And then you have the edge ticker stuff like the night clock, weather, and feeds. I think that's about it.

For me, I just like the edge cosmetically and how there's no visible bezel on the sides. I like how media wraps around a bit and gives an impression of depth. I don't see any edge distortion, which is a good thing. This phone is likely a little harder to hold than the Note 5 because of the rounded front instead of rounded back. It doesn't feel uncomfortable though.

Posted via the Android Central App

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my At&t edge + 64GB as well and have used it since Monday after a lengthy all day activation. Somehow the IMEI showed up in there system as a tablet and you can imagine the **** I had to go real high in the tiered reps to get that resolved. The screen catches the eye of everyone and the phone is a straight beast with my Gear S it runs faster than my S6 920f dual sim and has even better battery life and my dual sim S6 was no slouch in that department. Battery life is good but it still hasn't settled down as I can't stop playing with it just yet. What a great device. You can uninstall some of the preloaded google apps and it has the at&t bloat as usual but some of it can be uninstalled as well but the lion-share has to be disabled.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, my activation was lengthy as well and I remember them asking me if it was a tablet. I don't think they had the device in their system properly. It wasn't supposed to be released until Friday, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, my activation was lengthy as well and I remember them asking me if it was a tablet. I don't think they had the device in their system properly. It wasn't supposed to be released until Friday, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Yep they had to have two upper supervisors do a system override to get it activated as a smartphone.