Charging Edge+ via the previous Round Samsung Wireless Charging Pad (for the S6 Edge originally)

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi All:

I currently use my S6 Edge with two round Samsung Wireless Charging Pads: one for my desk next to my desktop pc, one for my night stand next to my bed at night.

While I was tempted to order 2 of the new Fast Wireless Charging Pads, I thought about it more today and thought:

hey, the one at my desk is what I'd use while awake, i.e. day time, and thus, charging speed is important. So the desk Wireless Charging Pad ought to be the new, faster model.

the one on my nightstand is for night time use, so maybe it makes sense to just stick with the old/existing charging pad for my night stand?

Has anyone else thought about whether or not to upgrade their Wireless Charging Pad from the original one made for the S6 Edge to the new FAST one made for the Edge+?

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The Fast Charging Wireless Pad is not out yet. It shows as "Coming Soon" on their website. I have thought about exactly what you mention above, and only getting the normal one for my night stand and a Fast Charge Pad for the office. It seems to be the way to go.

Samsung rep told me the pad is supposed to be released when the phone is officially released- Friday. Likewise, the Mobile protection plan through Samsung will be available on their website on Friday as well.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
as i currently already has two of the wireless charging pads for my S6 Edge, i'm ok for now.

the issue is how many of the NEW Fast Wireless Charging Pads to get?

i thought it might be wasteful to get two of them, as i'd lose my shirt on the two current, merely 4-months old Samsung Wireless Charging Pads!! Ouch. Merely 4 months old and have to sell them?!?

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the reg s6e wireless charging pad from samsung on my nightstand and that is going to stay there. I put my phone on it at night and sleep so there is no need for a fast charging wireless pad by the bed. I do plan on getting a fast charging one for by the couch so when i come home i can get a quick boost if i plan on going out later in the night...

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
thanks, bplink95 for your thoughts.

i agree.

however, what if the new charging pad has a larger sweetspot and our placement of our Edge+ is therefore less sensitive on the pad? I find that my S6 Edge (non Plus) is very sensitive to how and where it is placed on the current "1st gen wireless charging pad". it's a hassle to always have to stare and check and double check to make sure that the "bling" sound of wireless charging being properly engaged is happening, or adjust again and again until i hear the sound.

i was hoping that the new charging pad might be less sensitive to placement, i.e. contain more internal "coils" so placement is less sensitive.

what do y'all think? thanks.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
In the meantime, as I have the Edge PLUS phone now, i am using my existing two Samsung wireless charging pads over the past day since i've gotten the PLUS phone.

well, it often wouldn't stay charging sitting right there on the pad!

it would make a "ding" sound, indicating the activation and proper placement of the PLUS phone on the old samsung charging pad, but, often times, after a short period of time, the charging pad's blue LED would start blinking (initially, it is solid blue and not blinking). i'd look at the screen and discover, to my sad surprise, that it is no longer being charged wirelessly at all!

may i ask if anyone knows why this is happening?

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
In the meantime, as I have the Edge PLUS phone now, i am using my existing two Samsung wireless charging pads over the past day since i've gotten the PLUS phone.

well, it often wouldn't stay charging sitting right there on the pad!

it would make a "ding" sound, indicating the activation and proper placement of the PLUS phone on the old samsung charging pad, but, often times, after a short period of time, the charging pad's blue LED would start blinking (initially, it is solid blue and not blinking). i'd look at the screen and discover, to my sad surprise, that it is no longer being charged wirelessly at all!

may i ask if anyone knows why this is happening?
Same here! Frustrating!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I got my s6e plus yesterday had that happen to me as well....woke up to bkue light flashing and it not charging. Never had it happen to me once with the regular s6e .....I'm a platinum samsung member I'm going to talk to them about it later today or tomorrow....

Posted via the Android Central App

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the Samsung charger but haven't used it yet. I did try to charge on my Nokia DT900 charging pad and I have the same problem. I tried placing it up and down the pad to find the sweet spot but no luck.
I hope there's no issue with the wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with a Platinum 32gb version from Best Buy on At&t. I think I will be swapping it out for a new one.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got my s6e plus yesterday had that happen to me as well....woke up to bkue light flashing and it not charging. Never had it happen to me once with the regular s6e .....I'm a platinum samsung member I'm going to talk to them about it later today or tomorrow....

may i ask what a "platinum samsung member" is? is it on Samsung's own site? i've never heard of that status so i'd like to find out, since my last several phones have all been Samsung and it seems to be going in that direction!

now, back to the issue of the not-functioning-properly-wireless-charging-pad:

to be accurate, i do find that the sweet spot (for wireless charging engaging) of the S6 Edge+ is obviously larger than my previous S6 Edge, so it is easier to just casually place the plus phone on the wireless charging pad without having to fidget with micro-adjusting the placement of the phone in order to have it engage with the charging pad. well, that's the end of the good part! :(

even with the wireless charging engaged and commencing, in merely a number of minutes, it will disengage and no further charging will take place. for the vast majority of us, we would not be watching over the phone during its charging! that'd be like watching a pot of water coming to a boil! so, the typical scenario would be that the phone would stop charging and by the time we look at it later, say in the morning, it would have not only NOT have been charing all night, but on top of that, it has been discharging slowly during the entire night due to it having been on standby all night!

a real bummer.

i'm uncertain whether the new Fast Wireless Charging Pad will be any better. Reason? The S6 Edge+ is clearly said to be completely compatible with BOTH the current (i.e. old) Samsung Wireless Charging Pad as well as the new FAST wireless charging pad, so there's no reason to believe that the "plus phone" would not function properly with the existing charging pad.

mmm...now the issue is whether or not to purchase the new Fast Wireless Charging Pad with this newfound empirical evidence? ugh.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
You gain levels by buying and registering samsung products... log into sa,sung + app and go to my samsung. It includes 7/24 video chat with samsung service I just ain't up to video chatting with people tonight to find out why the charger isn't working correctly with a phone that is supposed to work with all wireless charges especially a charger made by samsung....

Attachments

• Studio_20150823_032524.jpg
    Studio_20150823_032524.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 69

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Putting the phone on the charger naked it doesn't work very well, while waiting for my spigen case from Amazon to come this week I went back to best buy and got their cheap Insignia clear case for the GS6E+ that cost $15, since I put it on the charger works with no issues.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My issues with my two Samsung Wireless Charging pads continue.

Once in a while, it would continue charging, but I'd say 9 times out of 10, it does not and somehow halts shortly after it starts charging.

Frustrating!

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have issues with my Nokia charging pad which has played nice with all phones I've used with it. Surprisingly, I have an old Droid charger which hasn't worked well with my phones but somehow works well with the S6E+.

I'll try the Samsung charger later and report back.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You gain levels by buying and registering samsung products... log into sa,sung + app and go to my samsung. It includes 7/24 video chat with samsung service I just ain't up to video chatting with people tonight to find out why the charger isn't working correctly with a phone that is supposed to work with all wireless charges especially a charger made by samsung....

hah never knew about this and sure enough after 10 or so phones, and a kitchen full of samsung stuff, i'm platinum!

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
hah never knew about this and sure enough after 10 or so phones, and a kitchen full of samsung stuff, i'm platinum!

Yeah it really is a higher teir group of samsung employees you talk to. This was some nice American girl she called me back to check today to see how the charger worked last night and even asked if I wanted her to call me tomorrow to check again. Top notch customer service with platinum!

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Hm. I'm Gold level.. Does this only look at your Galaxy phones or all Samsung products? I have the Tab S and Gear S that don't show as a registered device.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My issues with my two Samsung Wireless Charging pads continue.

Once in a while, it would continue charging, but I'd say 9 times out of 10, it does not and somehow halts shortly after it starts charging.

Frustrating!

Yeah mine did it again last night. Waking up to 24 percent battery isn't cutting it. Times like this I miss the swappable battery. I'll be taking my s6e plus back to tmobile and exchanging for a new one. If it does it as well, then it's gonna be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay