is there a way to turn off fast charging?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I know, why would I want to, but I'm concerned about overcharging overnight. I know the Note 4 had an option to un check it in the battery section.

Posted via the Android Central App

KyonCoraeL

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to be concerned with overcharging with modern smartphones. However, if you would like to slow down the charging rate of your phone. You can use a lower amperage charger. For example, when I plug my phone into my laptop it takes significantly longer to charge the phone.

That being said the major sources of battery life decay occurs from heat and charging it from empty to 100%. Recent research shows that fast charging doesn't necessarily reduce the battery life of your phone compared to heat. For example, do not charge your phone and leave it under your pillow. Those phone batteries get hot.

Also, If you keep your phone from going below 20% it will go a long way in preserving battery life.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to be concerned with overcharging with modern smartphones. However, if you would like to slow down the charging rate of your phone. You can use a lower amperage charger. For example, when I plug my phone into my laptop it takes significantly longer to charge the phone.

That being said the major sources of battery life decay occurs from heat and charging it from empty to 100%. Recent research shows that fast charging doesn't necessarily reduce the battery life of your phone compared to heat. For example, do not charge your phone and leave it under your pillow. Those phone batteries get hot.

Also, If you keep your phone from going below 20% it will go a long way in preserving battery life.

I thought it was good to charge when the battery is very low and bad to charge when it was at say 50%. Or you're saying with modern batteries that's no longer the case?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Battery option in settings. Uncheck the fast charge option, or when plugged in tap the fast charging notification and untick fast charging.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I checked my settings and cant seem to find the option to disable it. Im on Sprints version 64Gb Black Sapphire

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173