Edge+ from Best Buy Wireless Charging Issue

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I paid outright and got a Black Sapphire Edge+ yesterday at Best Buy and I did not like the color so today I exchanged it for a Platinum Edge+ and I put it on the wireless charger that came with it and wouldn't you know it has issues it will charge for a few minutes and then stop and the blue light on the charger blinks. Anyone else having this issue or know of this issue? I removed the Otterbox Symmetry case and it didn't make a difference. I know I can exchange it but come on Best Buy!

beldark

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone is currently caseless and I was having the same problem. Putting a bit of paper between the phone and pad (simulating the distance increase of a case) worked for me. I would try this, and if it works try again with your case on. I don't think people will have much luck with direct contact. Shame these things are so finicky...

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same the first day, hit and miss...on and off..I put in on the charger that night, found the sweet spot and just left it till morning.
Woke up fully charged. It now charges on all 4 different charges including car charger just fine.
Go figure.

jackiespino

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So far mine is working well -- it has the insignia back on it I bought at BB until the one I ordered from Amazon comes in --- now if only Best Buy worked as well. A two hour hell and I had pre ordered. Never again.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna have to say this is a s6e plus issue as I used the same samsung wireless charging pad for a month and a half and never experienced it with the regular s6e plus but have since I got the s6e plus yesterday.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Got mine from BestBuy and having no issues with the wireless pad or USB charging. As long as you are sure you placed the phone on the right spot for charging, you should return the wireless charger if it is giving you problems. Might be defective

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The same wireless charger works on my S6 Edge just fine and when I went to best buy to return the phone tonight it did the same thing on their charger to. Funny thing I brought my new phone home got a black one this time and put it on the wireless pad it worked just fine and got it to 100% I took it off and played with it a little and just now put it back on the charger and it started acting up. I think they have a issue here with there new feature. I will try it on one of my other wireless chargers. My Best Buy is an hour a way so I will make sure it is the phone before I go back again.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its the phone not playing nice with the charger... never had it happen once when I had the regular s6e

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Having this problem as well with the Samsung charger from BestBuy. Zero issues with my Tylt Vu so I think the problem is physical alignment and not software.

BKlip

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine will charge fine on the pad for a few minutes and then, without touching it - no more charge. Frustrating .

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Note 5. Its the samsung charger. Im 99.9% sure. Alignment has to be perfect. I might soon invest in another charger.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Putting the phone on the charger naked it doesn't work very well, while waiting for my spigen case from Amazon I went back to best buy and got their cheap Insignia clear case for the GS6E+ that cost $15, since I put it on the charger works with no issues.

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on note 5...put it on overnight wake up with less power... i bought a diferent kind and it works good

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I spent the majority of my day today at Best Buy swapping out my phone and sim card. They tried two more phones and both did the same thing. They are wondering if it is a software issue or a bad batch of phones. It did it on their charging pad as well so it is not the pad. I came home with a phone but I still have two weeks to decide if I am going to keep it or go back to my S6 Edge. I am so frustrated big let down for me. I am OCD when it comes to my phones and since they didn't release it in White Color the charging issue was yet another strike against them. So I am going to think about it this week not sure if I want to put up with this for the money I paid as I purchased outright.

Charlie Ellingson

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I spent the majority of my day today at Best Buy swapping out my phone and sim card. They tried two more phones and both did the same thing. They are wondering if it is a software issue or a bad batch of phones. It did it on their charging pad as well so it is not the pad. I came home with a phone but I still have two weeks to decide if I am going to keep it or go back to my S6 Edge. I am so frustrated big let down for me. I am OCD when it comes to my phones and since they didn't release it in White Color the charging issue was yet another strike against them. So I am going to think about it this week not sure if I want to put up with this for the money I paid as I purchased outright.

I got the S6 Edge+ Friday. And the not fast charging Samsung charging disk/pad. My disk/pad chargers my Nexus 7 2013 with no problem. I believe it's software related. I also work at T-Mobile, so I am sure that we will have people coming in this week because of this problem. I did not work this weekend, but if I hear any update, I will post back here and let you guys know.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I talked with Samsung last night and they had me wipe cache and then position the phone a little differently it did not have the issue last night, but I don't see how that could of fixed it and since it happened randomly the first 2 nights it will probably do it again. The charger worked fine and never did this with me regular s6e. Samsung has a lot riding on this and the note 5 so if I'm sure they will clear the problem up.

JessieBirtcher

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I bought the Note 5 on Friday. We bought a UAG case for his phone. Put it on the charging pad and it will charge for a couple of minutes then stop. Put the case on my phone and it charges just fine. I don't get it, why can it work fine on one phone and not the other. His phone will charge though without the case. Mine charges either way. Does anybody have any tips!! I contacted UAG and they said that their cases worked with wireless charging in lab tests. Oh and we have 3 charging pads and his does this on every one of them.

Pjrusso92

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I purchased my Note 5 on launch day and got the Samsung charging pad for free from Best Buy. I also have the Belkin QI pad for when I am at work. As everyone else stated above, my phone does the same thing with both pads (charges very briefly and loses connection). My phone has no case so this really baffles me. I'm just glad to hear that I am not the only one with this issue.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried it on my work Samsung Wireless Charger today and it did the same thing! This is so annoying I am so temped to go back to a standard S6 Edge at least until they work out all the bugs! I had such high hopes for this phone and was so excited! As I stated before Lack of color choices in this phone was a let down too. Looks are important. I know guys don't care much but I so love my white phones. LOL So with those two things plus the new thing of every time you take a picture wanting to know if you want to make a video of the event is annoying. Sorry for the rant.