Verizon is still 'evaluating' support for Samsung Pay

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
"We hope you weren't planning to use your Verizon-badged Galaxy S6 or Note 5 with Samsung Pay on September 28th... you might be disappointed. Big Red notes that it's still in the "process of evaluating" Samsung Pay while AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular have already pledged support. This doesn't rule out Verizon offering Samsung Pay on launch, but we wouldn't count on it given how carrier approval processes are seldom swift -- just ask anyone who waited months for a Verizon-ready Nexus 6."

Verizon is still 'evaluating' support for Samsung Pay

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought that meant Verizon wouldn't support it in their retail stores. So they won't allow the feature on the phone is what you're saying?

Posted via the Android Central App

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
That is true carraser891, however when you are paying upwards of 800+ for a phone there are some expectations that on of the selling points of the note5 and edge+ was the capability to use a universal payment method at essentially any place that accepts credit cards. That feature itself has it over ApplePay and other similar services.

I would be very surprised if Verizon did not allow it. It would be a bad business decision in my view

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I would imagine that Verizon might see some fallout in the decision to not support Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay was a feature of the device, unveiled at the unpacked event. For Verizon to open up the pre-orders, and NOT release a press release stating that Verizon would not support Samsung Pay prior to pre-orders going live may set them (VZW) up for potential legal action, and potential customer complaints filed under consumer protection laws.

While it may take VZW a little while to actually get on board, I find there evaluation of the software/interface a necessity in todays technological market. With that said, their evaluation needs to be swift. I'm sure VZW is being overly cautious in the wake of a failed experiment with ISIS/SoftCard, and every carrier joined in that endeavor.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried signing up for the beta. Everything went smooth the lady asked for my Samsung id and phone. It wasn't until I said the provider that the rep said at this moment Verizon isn't one of our partners. Now she didn't say that they won't support it, but at this moment it's a no go. Kinda bummed because I've been excited about Samsung pay since the s6 announcement. Seems like a good payment alternative when you forget or don't feel like bringing your wallet somewhere.