How's Your GS6E+ Battery Stats?

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Cell Standby way to high expecially for being on the home wifi 90% of the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3278.jpg
    3278.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 3280.jpg
    3280.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 3279.jpg
    3279.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 161

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
This really seems excessive, like crazy loss of battery. Is there anyone here who has an educated opinion about this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-52-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-52-16.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 81

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Cell Standby way to high expecially for being on the home wifi 90% of the time.

It looks like you too have VZW. I have this same issue on my regular VZW S6. My Sprint Edge+ doesn't have the cell standby drain.

As far as solutions go, there are quite a few of them that have been discussed across a few sites. Some people say a factory reset does the trick and others have no luck with it. Then there's the disabling Advanced Calling option, which I've tried, but doesn't work for me. Some say clearing the cache within stock recovery helps, but it hasn't worked for me. Google it for the S6 and you'll see a lot of different posts regarding the issue. Maybe one of them works for you.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so finally someone who knows what I'm going through. But unfortunately, I've done all of these. I cannot seem to get back into the recovery screen, however. I hold the key combination and either it boots into ODIN and begins to 'DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE', and nothing happens, or it boots into an abbreviated Recovery screen where there is no option to Wipe Cache. I did a factory reset but that just happened by itself on one my keypress combinations to get into wipe cache. I held volume, home, power, like I'd done before when it booted into recovery screen w/o wipe cache, when suddenly the little Android popped up saying resetting device. Very strange and frustrating.

Haaaalp.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've actually found nothing on the web concerning this. Which is odd because I can't be the only person with this issue. Any help? Someone? Anyone?

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
This really seems excessive, like crazy loss of battery. Is there anyone here who has an educated opinion about this?

It shows you have apps taking 86% of that drain. What apps are running? Your issue seems pretty clear cut - find the Apps draining your battery and you'll be good to go

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay about 9 days in and the newness is wearing off (as meaning constantly doing something with the phone) nice numbers with an average of 5-6 hours of screen on time daily on AT&T.

Attachments

• 808.jpg
    808.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 809.jpg
    809.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 139

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok, people who are on vzw. According to vzw tech support, there have been problems with the last update loading clean. It looks like something that happened before before because the article they sent me to is in regards to the S5. There is a fix that was (I was told) put together by samsung, google and vzw. It basically entails hooking your phone to your pc and repairing the OS. They say it will take 60 to 90 minutes to repair the OS. Alternatively, best buy has employees who are trained to do this according to vzw tech support.

The caveat is that if you are, like me, running XP (any service pack) you probably can not utilize this fix. I am also 1 1/2 hours away from the nearest best buy. It was suggested to me that I try doing a reset not from settings on the phone but from the boot screen and not allow any backed up info to reload during the reset. I have done this, we will see what happens now.

I have no idea if any of this will fix the battery issues. Just relaying what I was told after the constant attempts to blame it on the non existent apps on my phone. I'm sitting on about 4 hours of charge left. We'll see how it plays out after the boot screen reset.

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I need four more Posts before I can post a link. Article 80200 in trouble shooting tips. Software update, software upgrade assistant (samsung). I can't yet tell if clearing the cache and wiping from boot menu helped. My problem with this whole thing is why, if they new this, didn't they fix it before they shipped them?

Duncan Wong

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
It’s driving me crazy. I lost 20% overnight for 2 days in steak. The first day I turned it into areoplane mode, next day I just turned off the cellular/wifi connection. Isn’t my act supposed not to drain so much juice? From the built-in battery stat, I can see “Android OS” sucks a lot of battery life. I always struggle with switching back to Android phone because It never can’t be as reliable as the Iphone. Anyhow, I am not going to gripe but try to find solution. Can anyone help me

1) How to fix the battery life?
2) Can you suggest the app for monitoring the battery life consumed by every aspect? (I want to look into the “Android OS” which sucks my battery life)

Thanks dude.

edgy6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I fixed my issue by returning the phone after three days of cell standby sucking 59% of my battery, and talking to VZW and Samsung daily. Finally, I did a factory reset, did not restore any data or load any apps and for 9 hours left the phone sitting untouched on the counter top with decent signal ( 2 bars is decent in my area). I ignored messages, checked emails on my pc, resisted the urge to pick it and check news or weather. I did not turn the screen on for nine full hours. After nine hours, I had 12% battery left and cell standby had consumed 40 times more juice than anything else on the phone.
After this, tech support recommended return the phone. I decided to talk to Samsung first...
Please note that I said, I did not pick the phone up, I did not turn on the screen for nine hours. The Samsung rep kept insisting that because of the stellar screen, it would drain a lot of battery if I did not have screen brightness turned down to less than 40%. I told her I only had a total of 3 minutes of screen time, period. Described the situation, again. Samsung basically said that because of the huge processor I would never get more than 9 hours of use. I guess sitting on the counter looking unbelievably gorgeous is "use". I went to my corporate store, they read tech support notes refunded my money and even waived the restock fee.
This will upset some people but oh well, Samsung is on my do not buy list for a while until they stop hiring people who insist that I simply don't understand how hard my cell phone works while sitting on my kitchen counter. my old OG nexus will just have to keep on keeping on for a while,oddly also a Samsung phone, but God that phone has been great.

Yellowcanary

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
What is this with the Cell Standby using so much battery when all day I was on my home wifi. Reading on the Note 5 it's having the same problem some are speculating it's a wifi bug due to Cell Standby barely showing up when with very little wifi usage. My Cell Standby was 34% today. Think I'll try not using wifi at all tomorrow.

Attachments

• 3095.jpg
    3095.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 94

Duncan Wong

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Answer from Samsung rep is obviously disappointing. I always have doubt with Samsung but as I love the hardware of Edge+ I still gave it the shot. I don't want to give up this device until it's necessary.

It seems I have to return or do the factory reset. How can I do a full back-up before I do the factory reset? Thanks all.

Duncan Wong

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
What is this with the Cell Standby using so much battery when all day I was on my home wifi. Reading on the Note 5 it's having the same problem some are speculating it's a wifi bug due to Cell Standby barely showing up when with very little wifi usage. My Cell Standby was 34% today. Think I'll try not using wifi at all tomorrow.

Same as mine. The most battery draining portion is cellar + Android OS although I turned my device into aeroplane mode. :( I did use wifi before I turned it in aeroplane/turn off all data connection).

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
12 days in and getting better battery life every day! On AT&T, GS6E+ 64gb platinum gold model.

Attachments

• 934.jpg
    934.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 935.jpg
    935.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 94

Yellowcanary

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Mines been great since I've turned off WiFi and using 4G only. Cell Standby hasn't shown up at all yet and before it was always at the top.

Attachments

• 3100.jpg
    3100.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 90

Yellowcanary

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Turned my wifi back on at 4:08 pm to see how long it would take for Cell Standby to show back up In Battery info well it's 6:08 exactly 2 hours.

Yellowcanary

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally after 5 hours and having my Wifi at home on Cell Standby caught up and now using more battery then anything else. Surely this is a bug that can be fixed by Samsung or Verizon.

Attachments

• 3114.jpg
    3114.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 83

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21