Am I weird for having two lines?

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Note 5 from the Samsung Test Drive and loved it so much that I ordered a S6 Edge+ on a second line at AT&T. Ended up not costing much more at all.

I'm one of those people who actually love iOS and Android, not prefer one over the other.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you weird? I used to own cellphone stores, carried 5 carriers (the days of the Wild West in cellphones) and walked around with 5 cellphones on my belt. Today I own 3 phones, a Note 3, a flip phone for use where I might lose or damage a phone (I could replace it on Craig's List for about $10) and a phone that's sitting on a shelf because I have it, but I don't use it. The Note 3 is usually with me when I go out.

But I wouldn't call having 2 lines weird, just different. (Rewind 2015 back to 1995 and someone standing on a street, seemingly having a conversation with himself would get free room and board in a rubber room. Times change - some day we all may have 2 phones - one for personal use and another number for business use. Most people don't have wired phones at home - to me THAT'S weird.)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So the Samsung deal may really attract a good amount of iPhone users after all, good to know that there are people with an open mind and willing to try something different and if they like it, to make the change or in your case at least to use both.

I don't think that I could have 2 separate personal lines, I could understand 1 for business and 1 personal, and it's very common, but 2 personal lines just to use both phones is a little strange not weird, just not common, regularly, people just get the phone for the line and then just get a second one, most times an unlocked one and just switch the phones regularly by moving the SIM card from one to the other, I'm one of them.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I have five lines, all for me. Only use one line ha. All have Samsung phones attached to them and the gear S

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No not weird, it's all relative. What's weird to one is normal to another and vice versa....what's weird is that you care what a bunch of strangers think....:eek:
Get to the point where you don't care what we think regarding matters like this and you will be a much healthier, happier person.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Note 5 from the Samsung Test Drive and loved it so much that I ordered a S6 Edge+ on a second line at AT&T. Ended up not costing much more at all.

I'm one of those people who actually love iOS and Android, not prefer one over the other.

I have the Note 5. Love it. I would also love to get the S6 Edge+ if I could afford it. I really wish I could have every phone. Switch between them every week or so..

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Yes you are weird, if "weird" means exceptional and unique. :) I usually have two lines as well, most recently having one line on AT&T and one on Sprint. I just canceled my Sprint line, however, because their network just plain sucks in my area and the unlimited data plan means nothing if you can't even get better than 3G speeds.

As for having multiple phones, I have at least two phones at all times. I too jump back and forth between iOS and Android as my daily driver. I used the iPhone 6 Plus from September of last year up until a couple months ago. Now I'm using the S6 Edge+ on AT&T as my daily driver. I still have the iPhone and a Nexus 6. Neither of them are on a line of service, but I still play around with them on WiFi.

I'm not sure why you got both the Note 5 and Edge+ since they are basically the same phone and neither of them runs iOS. I will probably get the new Nexus when it comes out later this year, but I can't imagine it replacing the Edge+ as my daily driver. The camera and screen are so spectacular on the Edge+ that I'll probably be using it through the new year.

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes you are weird, if "weird" means exceptional and unique. :) I usually have two lines as well, most recently having one line on AT&T and one on Sprint. I just canceled my Sprint line, however, because their network just plain sucks in my area and the unlimited data plan means nothing if you can't even get better than 3G speeds.

As for having multiple phones, I have at least two phones at all times. I too jump back and forth between iOS and Android as my daily driver. I used the iPhone 6 Plus from September of last year up until a couple months ago. Now I'm using the S6 Edge+ on AT&T as my daily driver. I still have the iPhone and a Nexus 6. Neither of them are on a line of service, but I still play around with them on WiFi.

I'm not sure why you got both the Note 5 and Edge+ since they are basically the same phone and neither of them runs iOS. I will probably get the new Nexus when it comes out later this year, but I can't imagine it replacing the Edge+ as my daily driver. The camera and screen are so spectacular on the Edge+ that I'll probably be using it through the new year.
I got the Note 5 from the 30 day test drive, but ordered an Edge+ for my second line. My first line is an iPhone 6 Plus :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had two different lines for years and all my phones have been dual SIM. It's just great two numbers from different carriers in the same phone.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Inot at all, I have two lines, one for business use and one for pleasure/personal use, business has been on TMobile for the past 2 yeas and before that on Verizon and I get reimbursed for having it, pleasure/personal is on AT&T which I've had for 16 years. The key to having two lines is to have it on two different carriers that way if you lose or have a weak signal on one line you can always use the other.

mikezmac

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Same. IPhone user but loved the edge+ display/look.

I do prefer ios however I have no objections to android.

My iPhone is my heavy lifter meaning calls, home integration and music junk however it's gotten boring in looks •yawn• and my edge+'s screen is big bright and beautiful! And the overall look is great.
I love it and use it for all my Web surfing, news and social media. It's all about beautiful visual real estate.

Call me weird. I don't care. ;)
I'm happy.