SIM swapping iPhone to S6 Edge+?

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So I now have two lines, iPhone 6+ is my primary line and S6 Edge+ is my new second line. I should probably know the answer to this since I work in Wireless, but I don't so I'm asking you guys.

Can I SIM swap because they're both nano sims? The reason for this would be simply because the primary line has the phone number I've been using for so many years, if not possible, no big deal but just thought i would ask to see if any has tried this or knows.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to with no problem, but it does depend on the carrier. I regularly swap my sim from a smartphone to a flip phone. The carrier sees the swap, but I've never had a problem because of it.

(Of course, if you port your "normal" number to Google Voice, you can change the phone it forwards to at any time, or even have it ring both at the same time [and send the call to whichever one you answer with].)

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Swapping sims should be no problem, but you might have to call and have them switch from an iPhone data plan to an Android data plan (or visa versa). I think the only thing it affects is voicemail handling. This is on AT&T, I don't know about other carriers.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
All be sure to turn off iMessage before you swap the iPhone SIM to the Edge + or else you may have a problems receiving text messages from other iPhone users - at least temporarily.

mikezmac

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes only if both phones are unlocked. Carrier unlocked. I have an iPhone and I have the edge and I can swap but it has to be unlocked

Posted via the Android Central App

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You can switch between SIMS easy. I have both an iPhone 6 and a Glalaxy S6. When I get bored I switch. Doesn't effect my data plan. Only problem you may have is if you use I message. Just remember to turn iMessage before you switch from your iPhone or you'll have problems receiving and sending text messages.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aaron Starr

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just make sure you deactivate your imessage before you change phones. Or else people with iPhones will have trouble texting you. You can do it from the website also.

And you might have to change your data plan and stuff to get both phones working correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad