How good is the fingerprint scanner?

A

AC Question

How good is the fingerprint scanner

How good is the fingerprint scanner on the S6 Edge+? Are they all pretty much universal from phone to phone?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: How good is the fingerprint scanner

So far it is spot on, not sure about other phones this is my first with FP scanner.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

You asked like 20 questions a day lol. Maybe you could combine them in fewer posts. The galaxy s5 and note 4 you had to swipe your finger over the scanner s6 and newer you just touch the scanner. Works pretty reliably.

Posted via the Android Central App

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Best in class, right there with the iPhone fingerprint scanner. Much better than older iterations where you had to swipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

mikezmac

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Samsung finger print scanners were terrible. (My iPhone was like 99.9999% successful for years) however that has now changed.

The Edge+ is now fantastic at finger prints. I've been 100% happy with it. :)

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Samsung finger print scanners were terrible. (My iPhone was like 99.9999% successful for years) however that has now changed.

The Edge+ is now fantastic at finger prints. I've been 100% happy with it. :)

Thanks Mike I never used the one on my Note 4 me being 1 handed I could never get it to work will now try it on my S6 Edge Plus.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If it's anything like the one on the S6, then expect the possibility of the quality slightly degrading as time passes. So far the sensor has been working excellent on the Edge+. My S6 also started off with the sensor working pretty much flawlessly. However, after a couple months passed, the sensor on my S6 became less than stellar. On some occasions, it can now take multiple attempts to unlock and can even lead to it asking for the backup password. I'm not the only that has encountered this with the S6. Other users have also brought it up and it has been discussed in some podcasts.

The current fingerprint sensor is big improvement over previous attempts by Samsung, but I'd still give the crown to Touch ID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol