Does anyone actually lay their phone on their screen?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Curious if anyone actually lays their phone on their screen and uses the people edge light? I feel like thst is such an easy way to scratch the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Curious if anyone actually lays their phone on their screen and uses the people edge light? I feel like thst is such an easy way to scratch the screen.

I would only do this with a case. The Urban Armor Gear case I had for my Edge prevented the glass from touching and I could still see the edge light.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. I like seeing my phone with the gorgeous front screen facing up in all its glory.

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
With the Ringke FUSION [Crystal View] case, and other less bulky cases this is fine to do as there is a clear gap between your phone and the surface. The edge phone looks great. By far the most beautiful phone ever built (next to the Turing phone).
I have my phone face down to keep the protruding camera from getting damaged/smudged. There are also the times when you have your phone on the table at work or at a semi social events that you don't want the extra attention but the silent notifications may be just right.
It's all about the case you use. If no case then I wouldn't do it (sand/grit÷glass=scratches+scuff marks).

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I do it all. The time... Even b4 I got my case I layed it face down but only on soft surface like my couch my sweats etc

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya. I don't want to put a case on this... I can't.. It's way to sexy to have one. Maybe I'll just do a skin to protect it from scratches. If I happen to shatter it, I have three other phones while I wait for asurion to send me another one.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I had the 6 Edge I had a case on it so putting it face down wasn't a real concern since the lip raised it up enough. However everytime I see the pics of the phones face down with no case you have to ask WTF, who wants to risk damaging the screen.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I've been laying phones screen down for years now. Just accidently drop something on your phone and you'll be thankful for placing it screen down.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I've been laying phones screen down for years now. Just accidently drop something on your phone and you'll be thankful for placing it screen down.

The last 15 years I've been using mobile phones I'm proud to say I've never dropped anything on my phones.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped Dr. Pepper can's, other phones, pens, remotes... maybe I'm placing my phones in the wrong place? It's usually sitting on the table beside me with all of the other stuff I listed.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've dropped Dr. Pepper can's, other phones, pens, remotes... maybe I'm placing my phones in the wrong place? It's usually sitting on the table beside me with all of the other stuff I listed.

Holy crap how slippery are your hands?? I'm sorry I'm not picking on you, but this all sounds so bizarre to me. I can't remember the last time something slipped from my fingers, and to actually drop something AND have it land RIGHT ON my phone, the chances are almost non-existent.

I just can't imagine it happening multiple times for someone else, reminds me of that news article I read the other day about a man who's been struck by lightning 11 times.

And now I'm hoping some freak accident happens and I actually drop something on my phone and crack the screen just because I've called this into attention lol.

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Ha! !! :) that's funny. I have dropped phones before. I used to have a technique that I would employ if my phone left my hand or pocket and was on its way speedily to the ground. I would actually kick it! (Gently!). It would deminish the impact allowing the phone to slide instead of getting the full impact of a hard surface.

Now I use cases. And from my old Motorola Milestone to my Note2,3 and 4, I used Speigen and now Ringke for the S6Edge+. I also got a Dbrand skin on order for the back of my Gold phone in case I'm feeling brave enough to go semi-bareback/commando.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap how slippery are your hands?? I'm sorry I'm not picking on you, but this all sounds so bizarre to me. I can't remember the last time something slipped from my fingers, and to actually drop something AND have it land RIGHT ON my phone, the chances are almost non-existent.

I just can't imagine it happening multiple times for someone else, reminds me of that news article I read the other day about a man who's been struck by lightning 11 times.

And now I'm hoping some freak accident happens and I actually drop something on my phone and crack the screen just because I've called this into attention lol.

You picking on me because I'm clumsy? :D Without getting into the why, suffice it to say I do have problems holding on to things, so maybe I'm not a good example.