Can I use it to call other phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
No, seriously. Too many threads with dumb questions from "AC Question". Can we please get that ip address banned from here because half of the threads on the first page are from this person/bot asking really, really basic questions which is obviously troll/spam.

I just got my S6 edge+ and moved here from the Note 4 forums and not liking how I have to scour for relevant/genuine threads amidst the spam. I'm sure I'm not alone.

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not wrong, that's a "feature" AC has. It lets people who aren't really phone enthusiasts ask a question to the forums without having to register. They say something along the line of having a friendly response in minutes, but it seems many are XDA style responses.

While I find the questions somewhat annoying, I was once a noob like so many are. Why don't we just try and be friendly. That's why I'm here. XDA folks are usually quite rude. AC folks are much better in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is what I was talking about. You don't even have to have an account for it. Plus, if you look at most of the other AC Question posts, B. Diddy answers them. I could be wrong, but I think he's a moderator.

Attachments

• 1398.jpg
    1398.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 107

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not wrong, that's a "feature" AC has. It lets people who aren't really phone enthusiasts ask a question to the forums without having to register. They say something along the line of having a friendly response in minutes, but it seems many are XDA style responses.

While I find the questions somewhat annoying, I was once a noob like so many are. Why don't we just try and be friendly. That's why I'm here. XDA folks are usually quite rude. AC folks are much better in my opinion.

While I'm not in disagreement with your sentiments, it doesn't take much reading to notice that these "queries" are not genuine. One of the threads is titled "How do I turn the WiFi on". Like, really? A person who is so unfamiliar with technology as to not know how to turn on WiFi on an Android phone (or any phone for that matter since Android isn't exactly extra complicated compared to others) wouldn't be getting a flagship device anyway let alone an edge. Not to mention he can find his way to these forums but not know how to turn on WiFi on a phone? I don't think so.

I'm all for people asking for help, in fact probably half of my posts are replies to people asking for help regarding issues they encounter using phones I happen to have or have used in the past (cue that thread about the home button being re-assigned a different action) and as such, I find it extremely frustrating that I have to sift through the trash to actually find the posts who are genuinely in need of assistance.

mikezmac

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I agree, these questions are not productive and more spam.

"Can I use it to call other phones?" really? I'm sorry but this is annoying at best, and that is being polite.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly makes me want to look at another forum Cuz u have to sift through these messages every day.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's definitely getting out of hand. I thought he was a bot asking stupid questions to stir up engagement on the forums lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This has been noted and sent to our community manager (James Falconer: james AT mobilenations dot com). He has taken this into account. Please do not use the system for such things. We have a site feedback section at the bottom of the forums which can be used to express your opinions.

Please remember that you're also meant to stay polite / professional (P.U.P.P.A.H) within your response on the forums.

If you have any additional questions please send him or myself a PM. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana