Quick charging: Can you use a different USB cable with the quick charge block?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes. The cable's just a cable. I have a 6' cable I'm using currently and my phone says quick charging everytime I connect it.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Turns out this isn't exactly true. I just experienced a USB cable that didn't fast charge every time. Pretty sure it's a low quality cable and it's 6 foot long. I've got the fast charge from the Note 4 and that's at least 4 foot so I don't think the length is a factor.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Did it say cable charging instead of fast charging? I was having that same issue even using the charger and cord Samsung supplied with the phone. I took it back tonight and exchanged my s6e plus for a new s6e plus before my 14 days was up. I'm hoping I got one from a different batch and it doesn't have the same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My new s6e plus is actually doing fast charging when it's supposed to while my first one did not...using the same cables and chargers.... I dunno.... it's just so random I couldn't take a chance and am glad I exchanged mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is the one I am using from Amazon. Works great with Fast Charging. Just used it last night. Full charge in 1 hour.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Were you going to provide a link or are you referring to the 20awg cable?

I posted a link. I'm guessing that a mod removed it. This is the cable I bought (without a link mods).

Anker 10ft / 3m Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Android, Samsung, LG, HTC, Nexus, Sony and More (Red)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol