Who'd you buy from? Web, carrier store, electronics retailer....?? Easiest exchanges?

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've historically bought from Best Buy, but the version that I want (gold 32GB) is never in stock. My two local Verizon stores are pretty weak, so I try to avoid them. That leaves Verizon.com.

I'm fine with that...but I've been reading the threads here people needing to exchange their phones for various reasons, and it has made me wonder: not just who you bought yours from, but who you think makes exchanges easiest? I'm sort of thinking that that would be a local Verizon store...but no kidding, those guys just don't make me feel confident. But surely more efficient than shipping phones back and forth to some far-flung warehouse...right?

So please advise! Thanks!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to do? Upgrade or full price?

I'm on unlimited data which means I cannot upgrade 2 of my lines. Because of this, I've been using Swappa for about 2 years now. I've bought and sold many a phone on Swappa and have had luck every time.

As for a warranty, you're screwed if it's not an iPhone. When I had an iPhone that I purchased off Swappa last year, I immediately took it to the Apple store and paid the $99 for coverage. They didn't care where I bought the phone from as they inspected it and made sure it worked fine, then took my money. Money well spent IMO, even if I never had to use it. VZW, however, won't cover a phone not purchased from them and Sammy's program says my new Edge + isn't available to be warrantied, so I cannot break it, otherwise I get to pay for another one from Swappa.

Last edited:

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Tmobile corporate store. They gave me no hassles about exchanging my s6e plus within the 14 day period for a new one since I was having fast charging issues with my first s6e plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie