Long delay when waking up phone

jasonmiles

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've recently received my new GS6+ and in general I'm really pleased with it....... however a couple of times a day when I attempt to wake the phone up from a blank screen by pressing the "middle button" the phone lags massively and can take 30 seconds to show the homepage and allow me to use the fingerprint reader.

I've checked on waking to see if there are any apps running and have confirmed that nothing is running in the background to cause this lag.

Has anyone else seen this happen on their phone and found a solution to why its happening?

Funny thing is the majority of the time its fine.

Thanks

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Try hard resetting and see if it still has the problem. Then reevaluate what you are installing on it or return it.

jasonmiles

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I will return and replace I think or I will always be worried about it. I don't have many apps, so I cant think its to do with that.

Thanks for the advice tho.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have never had this happen. Sometimes though when I press the home button it shows a black background instead of my live wallpaper on the lock screen, but there's absolutely no delay on the fingerprint unlock.

miruscaa

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on my Edge Plus. Sometimes I have to restart it by pressing all buttons in order to wake him up. I strongly hope the next Android version will fix this. Bothers me so much!!

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
It was happening on my UK sim free model as well, I tried clearing the cache partition and it still came back after a while but what I have done now is turned off or unchecked the auto brightness feature and it hasn't happened since, fingers crossed.
Give it a go and see if it works for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

palmor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Happens to me and it happened on my note 4 as well.

I actually thought it might be my UP software (for the Up band) because after uninstalling it on my note and edge+ the problem went away, when came back a few days after I re-installed. Of course since this is kind of random it could have nothing to do with it and I haven't had the motivation to actually try it in a more controlled way.

DiPepsi

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Exact same problem, will most likely be fixed in a firmware update. Not necessary to take it back at all. It doesn't ruin the experience or usability really at all. I'd say by the time we get marshmallow this problem will be fixed 100%, or possibly even earlier.

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Exact same problem, will most likely be fixed in a firmware update. Not necessary to take it back at all. It doesn't ruin the experience or usability really at all. I'd say by the time we get marshmallow this problem will be fixed 100%, or possibly even earlier.

Problem is we won't get Marshmallow for a few months. The S6 will get it first

Posted via my SM-G928F

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Problem is we won't get 6.0 for a few months. The S6 will get it first.

Posted via my SM-G928F

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't have to be a major OS upgrade to fix the issue. A proper patch should be sufficient. There was a recent update but that did not solve the issue for me. Hope the proper one comes soon.