Gold - are you happy with the color

amheck

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've always had black phones in the past and am thinking about picking up the gold (which looks silver to me). For any of you who have had mostly black phones, are you happy with the choice to go gold?

Thanks!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I've always had black phones in the past and am thinking about picking up the gold (which looks silver to me). For any of you who have had mostly black phones, are you happy with the choice to go gold?

Thanks!

Out of the 100 phones I've owned, I always bought the Gold color.....this time for a change, I bought the Gold S6 Edge+ and it is very luxurious looking. Love looking at it all the time. Mind you it's not that girly yellowish gold. It's actually Platinum Gold......

108e4g7.jpg

best decision I ever made, looks very shiny when you clean it. I ordered this case for it:

rmoejb.jpg

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
My s6 edge is gold... I wish Verizon had the edge plus in 64gig in gold.. But.. Of course they don't, so I havr to deal with a black one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I had wanted the black or silver one after a black note 2,3,4 and every other phone I have had (other than my old Sony Ericsson p800 which was blue). I went to Samsung experience store in London here in the UK and played with a black (DARK BLUE) white and a gold one. The white one was bright but bland( though it hid finger prints the best out of them it looked unfinished). The black one was muted deep blue which was not that nice (my note 4 black was way nicer). The gold on the other hand was BEAUTIFUL! The gold shimmers but is not too flashy which is the opposite of what I thought would be the case. I have never liked a phone this much aesthetically as I'm quite techy and loved the functionality of the note series over that past 3 years. I enjoy the feel of the phone.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I had wanted the black or silver one after a black note 2,3,4 and every other phone I have had (other than my old Sony Ericsson p800 which was blue). I went to Samsung experience store in London here in the UK and played with a black (DARK BLUE) white and a gold one. The white one was bright but bland( though it hid finger prints the best out of them it looked unfinished). The black one was muted deep blue which was not that nice (my note 4 black was way nicer). The gold on the other hand was BEAUTIFUL! The gold shimmers but is not too flashy which is the opposite of what I thought would be the case. I have never liked a phone this much aesthetically as I'm quite techy and loved the functionality of the note series over that past 3 years. I enjoy the feel of the phone.

yes and great decision from Samsung to go with the Champagne Gold rather than a yellowish gold which is too girly IMO

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes! The press pictures of the gold had put me off but the actual phone has no aesthetic equal. I had a look at the iPhone 6s with its new gold but it looks like a pink female teenager's accessory. Samsung's gold for the Edge+ is different than the normal S6 Edge. More subdued. I'm loving it.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I was torn between the gold and silver because the gold (from what I heard) is more shiny and reflective which I like and the silver is more subdued. Ultimately went for the silver version because I don't like yellow tones and because the silver would be slightly rarer.

20150827_132102.jpg

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I was torn between the gold and silver because the gold (from what I heard) is more shiny and reflective which I like and the silver is more subdued. Ultimately went for the silver version because I don't like yellow tones and because the silver would be slightly rarer.

View attachment 197429
Silver? I thought it was only gold or black. Btw, what case is that?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Silver? I thought it was only gold or black. Btw, what case is that?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The case is the Neo Hybrid Crystal from Spigen - blue. And the edge+ comes in white, black, gold and silver.

Tiko7523

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
first gold phone i have ever owned & yes i am very happy but i might have gone silver if i had the option i didn't like the black sapphire(looks blue to me)

TimTay

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I would have gone with the silver if it had been available in the UK when I ordered but more than happy with my gold. The light breaks on edges giving a rainbow effect. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Benny Fok

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
first gold phone i have ever owned & yes i am very happy but i might have gone silver if i had the option i didn't like the black sapphire(looks blue to me)

exactly how I feel.. i would choose silver over gold..
but I am falling in love with the gold colour..
the black is too blue for my liking..

amheck

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say I came home with the "gold" from AT&T on Saturday, which again, looks like a shiny silver or platinum to me. I don't see any gold. I also picked up a clear Spigen case - looks a lot like VJ's above. Lovin' it so far.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I preferred the look of the Gold, but got the black because I didn't want it to stick out too much or be too flashy. The edge+ already is very unique and beautiful in any color. I'd prefer not to draw attention to myself. But still, the gold is nicer looking...

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The "Gold" is really more of a Platinum, and it looks classy. I find it to be the best looking phone I have ever owned, and I have always opted for Black in the past. Wouldn't trade my Gold phone for ANY color out there.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've always wanted a gold phone. No idea why, but I've never pulled the trigger on one. I'm happy I did. It's a great color for this phone.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I really like the gold. My last few few phones have been white, so I wanted something different, and I really am not a fan of the black ones. Silver would have been my first choice, but at least at the time I got mine, it wasn't an option. It's a nice gold, though...not too yellow.

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My first ever gold device & my last was the 1+1 sandstone & I love the color & it definitely gets heads to turn & compliments. This device is one sexy beast.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza