Torn between S6 Edge+ and S7

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What you're saying is based off conjecture. No-one can actually verify the release dates for the upcoming flagships or even speculate with any sort of accuracy at this point in time. The Edge+ is part of the same S6 series as the other 2. Just because they decided to do a plus model (a first for the S series) late in the cycle doesn't mean they will always delay the plus model moving forward.

For all we know the next S6 release might launch 3 models of the regular S7, S7 edge, and S7 edge+ all at the same time. Nobody really knows.

Would not change my point that if the S7 comes out in two months, it is still not the upgrade to the Edge+.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Would not change my point that if the S7 comes out in two months, it is still not the upgrade to the Edge+.

Posted via the Android Central App

The earliest I have heard is an unconfirmed February release. Two variants have been confirmed. What they are and the difference in then, nothing confirmed.

teeno77

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
What they could add is a better screen for Gear VR.
When it comes to VR, mobile screens can benefit from going upto 4K and have a very visible impact, even 8K and 16K would look significantly better.
Stereo: speakers, mic and cameras would do good. Larger battery in a thicker phones to support it all, high speed 1TB storage (its coming next year ... maybe with the Note 6?)

soli2005

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I was actually tempted to get the S6 Edge + but I'm weary of getting a bigger phone than my current S5. I have the same feeling about the S6 Edge being half-year old seeing that there is the S7/S7 Edge around the corner. I'm also waiting because I would like to see improvements in battery life for the S7/Edge and what Samsung has in store for their upcoming upgrade plan similar to Apple's. I'm hoping this means buying it directly from Samsung means I can skip the carrier bloatware, relying on software updates through my carrier and their ugly logos on the back (At&t & Verizon).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was actually tempted to get the S6 Edge + but I'm weary of getting a bigger phone than my current S5. I have the same feeling about the S6 Edge being half-year old seeing that there is the S7/S7 Edge around the corner. I'm also waiting because I would like to see improvements in battery life for the S7/Edge and what Samsung has in store for their upcoming upgrade plan similar to Apple's. I'm hoping this means buying it directly from Samsung means I can skip the carrier bloatware, relying on software updates through my carrier and their ugly logos on the back (At&t & Verizon).

Buy a T-Mobile one, no logo on it, but AT&T logos have always been very minimal. A tiny circle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech