Doing Something Wrong or Defective Device?

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got the edge+ today. I have my edge setting to display everything except people. So that means i have it to display messages, emails and feeds.

Right now the phone is on my cpu desk with the screen facing towards the ceiling. I have received numerous text messages and the edge never lights up. i run my figer over the edge and nothing happens. i literally have to get my finger and rub it all around the screen and finally it will light up with the time, date and battery life. im not even sure where im touching to make even that light up. I just rub my finger all over.

Am i missing something? Thats why i got this phone so i can see a lot of my messages on the side of the screen while i have it sitting on my cpu desk and im working because i dont need to respond to everyone immediately so i want to see hows texting me. :-/

Arlene619

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got the edge+ today. I have my edge setting to display everything except people. So that means i have it to display messages, emails and feeds.

Right now the phone is on my cpu desk with the screen facing towards the ceiling. I have received numerous text messages and the edge never lights up. i run my figer over the edge and nothing happens. i literally have to get my finger and rub it all around the screen and finally it will light up with the time, date and battery life. im not even sure where im touching to make even that light up. I just rub my finger all over.

Am i missing something? Thats why i got this phone so i can see a lot of my messages on the side of the screen while i have it sitting on my cpu desk and im working because i dont need to respond to everyone immediately so i want to see hows texting me. :-/

I wish I could help, I've owned my phone since the release and I rarely use that function. My edge screen function activates when I run my fingers back and forth edge to edge, first the clock shows then when i want to see my news or sports I swipe up from the edge of the screen. Have you tried that?

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

My Edge lighting IE:, Text Edge light notification, only works when my phone is placed face down. Only the Edge you assigned during set up,will illuminate. As for the "Edge" time, battery, ect ect, you slide your finger back and forth, one time, on the Edge that you assigned for display during your set up.

I hope this makes sense. Sorry for typos, I'm at my desk, thought I would do a quick response.

Posted via the Android Central App

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if he's talking about edge lighting. OP can you tell us what you're expecting to happen when you receive notifications?

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I understand it now but I thought the edge would light up and give you message preview without having to open the phone. This is my first edge so I shouldve read up on it a little more. Lol. I think its stupid as hell to have an edge phone that only functions when its faced down. No worries though, thanks for the input. I still have 13 days left to decide if I want to keep this or just go get the Note 5.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I understand it now but I thought the edge would light up and give you message preview without having to open the phone. This is my first edge so I shouldve read up on it a little more. Lol. I think its stupid as hell to have an edge phone that only functions when its faced down. No worries though, thanks for the input. I still have 13 days left to decide if I want to keep this or just go get the Note 5.

I really dig this phone, but I understand why some people are navigating to the Note 5. If you do decide to get the Note 5, be careful about inserting the S Pen!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana