Diference between g928C, g928i & g9287?

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Can someone clear something up for me I have heard so many different things. What is the difference between the g928c, 928i, and the g9287 is it just the region or does it have to do with the storage size or both? Thanks

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
The last letter, i is the int'l version. Just like the US here, there is A, V, T and P. Different regions have different end letters, they all have slight different bands as well, so make sure u get one that'll work best with your carrier. Also, they so not represent whether it's a 32 or 64gb. Check gsmarena for more details on the models available.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I have At&t here in the USA and want to make sure I get the right one. I am having a hard time finding a white one and the only one I can seem to find is a 928c and I am not sure that will work well with mine I went to Gsmarena and that wasn't much help it didn't show what the g9287, the g928i or the g928g was for. I already know the 928c I believe is from Dubai at least the one I ordered off Amazon that I returned was.

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
c is the Asian model. If you're on AT&T and trying to get an unlocked International Version, normally you need to plug in these settings to get 4G to work.

Settings/Mobile data/Menu(Top 3 dots)/Mobile Networks/Access point names/Menu again/New APN
Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
MMC: http:\\mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: default,mms,fupi,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
So does that mean the one that ends with C would have worked ? It's been a while since I have used an international phone.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So does that mean the one that ends with C would have worked ? It's been a while since I have used an international phone.

Don't get me to lying. I'm stuck on VZW. I can only use VZW approved devices. At least there are workarounds for AT&T. If you had one, you can always try the settings above and see if it'll work.

Last edited:

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I still can't seem to find one every time I try to order on AMazon I encounter some issue. Any help would be appreciated as to who might be reputable and actually have a white international one in stock yes it has to be white.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can find someone to ship overseas on Swappa, I've had a lot of luck on Swappa. There was a site that sold unlocked phones, but I can't find it. Something like 32mobile? I don't remember, but it's not showing up on Google.

Last edited:

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I ended up ordering a White International G928C from Expansys USA and they were the best price and quickest shipping, great service and the phone works wonderful! I highly recommend them.

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
No. Please avoid buying from a region away from yours. Samsung has (for several seasons now) region locks. A Dubai version would not work with a Euro or N.American SIM without a Region Lock Code.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
No. Please avoid buying from a region away from yours. Samsung has (for several seasons now) region locks. A Dubai version would not work with a Euro or N.American SIM without a Region Lock Code.
Not true worked just fine no code needed. Internet works as well. I did however have to send it back for screen issues but they are sending me a replacement g9287.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman