Slickwraps or dbrand for the Edge+ ?!

A

AC Question

I'm wanting to get a mahogany type skin for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ but i'm not sure how well it will work with a curved screen. Has anyone tried a wrap from these two companies on the edge/edge+? Which one is best?

Daniel Kang

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the dbrand black CF skin for the rear of my edge+. Perfect cutout and fit! Very easy to install. Never tried the slick wraps though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
The one thing I'm curious of as far as the front and back skin for Slickwraps is if the fingerprint reader would be affected. I notice the home button is also covered to match the rest of the body. And I wonder how well it would hold up in a pocket. If it would peel from body heat..etc.

Daniel Kang

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Can you post a picture?
A picture wouldn't really be much different from what it looks like on their website.

The one thing I'm curious of as far as the front and back skin for Slickwraps is if the fingerprint reader would be affected. I notice the home button is also covered to match the rest of the body. And I wonder how well it would hold up in a pocket. If it would peel from body heat..etc.

If applied correctly, I don't think you will have any problems of peeling and sliding in and out of your pocket. And I think they say if you put the sticker on the fingerprint reader, it won't work.

Daniel Kang

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Normally, an advertised picture of any product isn't the same as the actual product, but I will take your word for it. Thanks.
Oh yeah I understand. But in this case, a photo you see online would probably look exactly the same as one I would post. Or you can look up their installation video on the S6 Edge on YouTube! There's actually a few different dbrand/slickwrap skin reviews on YouTube that could help with your decision.

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah I understand. But in this case, a photo you see online would probably look exactly the same as one I would post. Or you can look up their installation video on the S6 Edge on YouTube! There's actually a few different dbrand/slickwrap skin reviews on YouTube that could help with your decision.

Very true. I guess i could have searched it. I bit the bullet and ordered the Star Wars themed skin from slickwraps. My wife wanted a Hello Kitty type skin so I found that one from Skinit. Skinit has SW themed skins but I couldn't find one that looked better than the one offered on SlickWraps. I'm curious to see which of the two are of better quality considering the Skinit version was almost $10 cheaper. The only thing I'm worried about is the skin peeling after being exposed to heat.

If you sign up for the newsletter for SlickWraps, you get a 20% discount code emailed to you. Skinit is offering 20% and free shipping right now as a promotion, for anyone interested.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I have Dbrand which is great. Looks great. Feels good and was pretty cheap. My only issue was that it took weeks and weeks to arrive!

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I received my SlickWraps stormtrooper skin. It wasn't hard to install. I did notice that the cut on the top and bottom front are a very slight bit off on one side but hardly noticeable. The back is perfect and I like that they add the lens cover and flash cover. I didn't put the sides on mostly because I was lazy and I like the metal finish of the sides. As far as quality is concerned, it is fairly well made. I'm still wary on how long it will last so I will post updates in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 3326.jpg
    3326.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 3325.jpg
    3325.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 44

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Very cool looking! Thanks for sharing.

I reckon the sticker on the fingerprint sensor renders the fingerprint reader useless?

Thanks. Yes. I actually asked this question directly and was told the sensor wouldn't work if putting the skin over it. I use the sensor for security and it's convenient. As far as the back button and group window button are concerned, they both work fine and I was told that they would still illuminate through the skin. But, I noticed that it's not as clear as I want it to be. Not a big deal though. They both are still visible. The only issue I have now is finding a screen protector that only covers the screen portion.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Very cool looking! Thanks for sharing.

I reckon the sticker on the fingerprint sensor renders the fingerprint reader useless?
I just applied my dbrand and no issues with the back button nor the group one on the left.

However the Home button cover doesn't allow me to use it to unlock my phone. It may be a deal breaker for others but not me.

I'm very happy with the skin and it does look great. I'm not usually good with applying things like this due to my lack of patience but I didn't are my time and it went well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois