32g or 64g?

pelon0427

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have AT&T and I am looking to get a new phone but I am not sure what size to get. I know in the past the phones came with a lot of extra stuff on them that used space so I am just checking to see what the storage space of a 32g new phone actually has and if I should go up to a 64g.

Thanks for any advise you may have.

jessmags

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have AT&T and I am looking to get a new phone but I am not sure what size to get. I know in the past the phones came with a lot of extra stuff on them that used space so I am just checking to see what the storage space of a 32g new phone actually has and if I should go up to a 64g.

Thanks for any advise you may have.

I would look at how much storage you are using on your current phone. I have quite a few apps on mine, and am perfectly happy with the 32. I also (like once a month or once every two weeks) put all the pics from my phone into Dropbox...JIC I lose the phone or something, I don't lose all my pics. I have Google music on my phone too, and don't find that it takes up too much space downloading music. I previously had the 64 in the S6, and I didn't use even half of that space. Mind you, the S6 and this phone (IMO) don't have as much bloatware as other phones.

So long story short, it really depends on what your current totals are.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Since there is no external SD Card slot, I would go for the 64GB option, if you can afford it. I was only able to get the 32GB phone. So far, it's been fine, but I do have to remove my photos once a month to free up space. Had I had the option of 64GB at my time of purchase, I definitely would have gone with 64GB.

Audiorage22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I concur with the 64 GB option. I realized two phones ago how important internal memory is when you don't have an external memory option. With my last phone, I had a micro SD slot and put a 128 GB card in it. 64 is quite a down grade but I can manage. If you can afford the 64 GB version, go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Wanted the gold one but only available in 32 GB in my country :( So went for the 64 black/blue one.... 32GB is pretty limited these days

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
It is really all about your personal usage habits. Look at how you used your last few phones and weather you felt concious of getting out of disc space errors plus have you been more prone to using cloud storage or not.

I have the 64 gig that I am happy with but I also had previous note series of phones with 32 and 64 GB MSD cards that to be honest ended up storing multiple old films, pictures and music that I could easily have uploaded and stored on my laptop (side sync is awesome) or cloud once I have watched them (x) times while waiting for planes trains and automobiles.

A lot of people could free up gigs of space and speed up their phones by doing a little house cleaning now and then.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It was only an extra $4 a month so I went for the 64gb model but unless you are planning to keep a lot of audio and video files on your phone, 32gb is plenty for apps. I had a 32gb tablet and had a ton of apps on it and didn't even come close to using all of my storage. You can always get an otg usb if you need more storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38