How is it after having a S6 Edge Plus?

yeyebonel

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey S6 Edge Plus owners out there! After having a S6 Edge Plus, do you have any regrets? How do you rate it? Any favorite or lacking apps? Let us hear from each other.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dave Bareham

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 6+ about a month now and I love it to bits.

Things i love:

The design. I love the curved edges but not a big fan (yet) of the app usage of the edges. I don't like the blue led at night - but it may be possible to switch this off in the do not disturb settings. It is a perfect fit for my big hands.

The Apps: Because I travel a lot by train I have train widgets set for each leg of my journey so I can see how long I am going to be delayed. I have some Sonic games which I play every day. Apart from that weather and news app and of course email for home and work.

Battery life: Not a problem to me - I do hammer my phone usage so charge it when I can and leave it to charge overnight.

I would give this phone a 9 out of 10....

Bravfoe

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone and then a Note 4 and this is the best phone I've ever had. It's quick, has the features that I want, and like everyone says, it's a beautiful phone and has an excellent screen. The battery has not been a problem for me yet. I charge it though whenever I'm at my desk during the day. No regrets at all.

bdrakr

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
coming from a 2013 (original) Motorola X. It's a totally different experience. I do miss how well my moto x fit in my hand but this phone blows it out of the water.

Pros:

screen is absolutely gorgeous. if you haven't tried one in store, you'll be amazed whenever you do.

the phone is lightning fast. coming from my old phone, maybe it's more noticeable for me, but this thing freaking flies.

the battery life is great. I've gotten about 6 hours of screen on time. I charge it every night. I pull it out of charging around 4am and plug it back in around 8 or 9. usually makes it through the day, unless there's heavy usage, then I usually have to charge it midway through just for a bit. my moto x would have never lasted this long.

fast charging is great. I plug this in while I take a shower or play a quick round of cod or browse reddit, and I'm 40% up.

I like the notification leds.

call quality is supurb

fingerprint reader is awesome, and works 80% or the time.

Cons:

the edge glass is pointless. it makes for a sexy phone though.

it's a little too big for me to use with one hand

I hope this helps and good luck.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since day one love this phone it's a keeper . As far as the edge screen I use mine all the time people edge is so convenient to use for my contact. Get this phone you'll love it . Right now best buy will give you a $250 gift card when you re up your contract

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
coming from a 2013 (original) Motorola X. It's a totally different experience. I do miss how well my moto x fit in my hand but this phone blows it out of the water.

Pros:

screen is absolutely gorgeous. if you haven't tried one in store, you'll be amazed whenever you do.

the phone is lightning fast. coming from my old phone, maybe it's more noticeable for me, but this thing freaking flies.

the battery life is great. I've gotten about 6 hours of screen on time. I charge it every night. I pull it out of charging around 4am and plug it back in around 8 or 9. usually makes it through the day, unless there's heavy usage, then I usually have to charge it midway through just for a bit. my moto x would have never lasted this long.

fast charging is great. I plug this in while I take a shower or play a quick round of cod or browse reddit, and I'm 40% up.

I like the notification leds.

call quality is supurb

fingerprint reader is awesome, and works 80% or the time.

Cons:

the edge glass is pointless. it makes for a sexy phone though.

it's a little too big for me to use with one hand

I hope this helps and good luck.

Agree with all of the above except battery life, but to each his own. I did have a lot longer battery life on my iPhone, however, this is the best Android phone I've had in years.

This: "the edge glass is pointless. it makes for a sexy phone though." is exactly what I think too. I will say that the edge glass does decrease the overall width of the phone, but it's still hard to use one handed.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since launch day. I've not gotten tired or bored of it yet. It's still a head turner when people see it. Super snappy, and love the built-in fast charging.... the main thing I was looking for in a new phone.

AnimalRescuer

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a few months and I love it! My husband surprised me with it when we went to a concert. It takes amazing pictures and videos. I take thousands of pictures. I had the Galaxy S4 before this one.

AnimalLover

yeyebonel

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine was all good especially when I already had familiarized the functions. My USB Cable did not took too long, I already replaced it with a new one from Samsung stores. The fast charging adapter is pretty tough, mine was chewed by our dogs, deep dents but still works fine.

As for the edge display, the function on the side is not that necessary or important but it really adds up to its display's awesomeness.

I am still waiting for more updates. I know this one could still be much better.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Great phone in almost every way but the "Edge" part of the phone has become an aesthetic novelty. No real benefit when it comes to functionality. Would gladly trade at this point for a Note5.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's an amazing phone - real responsive, fantastic screen, great performance and phenomenal camera. I'll probably part with it for a Blackberry Priv, though - the latter just offers some messaging features that I like

RichardJTesla

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Feature wise I like the s6 edge plus. However the curved screen is a problem for me. I have big hands and when using it one handed I find if any part of my hand is leaning against the curve the screen doesn't function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek