Unable to sell my phone!!!!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I did a factory reset / cache partition wipe and sold it to a guy, now he is telling me that the phone says it is locked to my previous Google Account that was used to sign in to the device so I gave him my email/password but when he signs in, it says that he needs to sign in using one of the owners accounts used on this device! but this is the account, I don't have any other Gmail account since 2 years

I then googled this problem and I saw many people experiencing the same issue and the solution was to load the OS again, so I downloaded Lollipop 5.1.1 from Sammobile but when I try to flash it it gets stuck on SetupConnection

please help now the phone is stuck on the Downloading page and since I cannot remove the battery, I can't even do a battery pull anymore!!!

Last edited:

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Does a long press on the power button work for simulating a battery pull?

I was able to reboot the phone by doing this:

You need to press in this sequence...

1st .... Vol Down (hold)
2nd...Power (hold)

But now I still cannot flash, here is what Odin says:

<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!

but I don't see any progress after that as if nothing is happening

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
did another reboot of the phone and tried again, now I get this:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> cm.bin
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Maybe redownloading the stock ROM, and try flashing again? Are Samsung drivers up to date?

Yes I downloaded the ROM from Sammobile for the Galaxy S6 edge+ for United Arab Emirates:

G928CXXU1AOH3_G928COJP1AOH3_G928FXXU1AOH3_HOME.tar

I will take the phone to the service center now and see if they can do anything. This is beyond annoying and a big inconvenience. I will never buy a G00gl3 phone again!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I took it to the service center and they told me that I need to pay USD $40 to have them unlock it as this is not covered by warranty. I refused and took the phone back because they said that it would require 2 working days for it to be unlocked so I thought by that time the 72 hour time since I've changed my Google Account password would have lapsed by then. I am furious now!

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I've never had an issue with registering another account but the with regard to the flashing issue... This is very common for me when I go to flash my phone manually. Heres what works for me for the same error above.

1. Reboot ur pc.
2. Try a different usb port.

If this fails try a different cable.

I've been where you are and rebooting the pc was the main fix.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Last edited:

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Is this regular behavior? I have factory resetted atleast 6 or 7 different Samsung phones and the next owner has never complained of not being able to register his account.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine used from another owner a month after it's release. No issues? Mine still works great. I just resently did an FDR with no problems.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here, always sell my phones when getting g a new one. Never heard if this until now.

Is this regular behavior? I have factory resetted atleast 6 or 7 different Samsung phones and the next owner has never complained of not being able to register his account.