Why wechat photo auto-saved in gallery?

sfneo84

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
When i am viewing my friend photo from wechat - moments, the photo was auto-saved in my gallery after few days.
I have no idea why it happen, the photo not saved at the same day i am viewing the photo, but is few days after.
Anyone knows what is going on?
(Phone model is galaxy s6 edge plus)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell which directory it's in? It might be cached by WhatsApp in its own directory, and they might not have remembered to add a ".nomedia" file in that directory (which hides images in that directory from the Gallery app).

sfneo84

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply.
btw, it is not whats app, my issue here is when i am viewing my friend's uploaded photo his/her moment from wechat, the photo will auto-saved in my photo gallery after few days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm sorry--I meant WeChat, but was thinking WhatsApp for some reason. But the same possibility applies--it might be a cached photo. Can you tell us what actual directory the photo is in? I'm not talking about the gallery, which isn't an actual directory (it just aggregates all images from any directory on the phone, as long as there isn't a ".nomedia" file in that directory).

sfneo84

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, do you mind to tell me where to find the directory in the phone? I am newbie to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus. I could not find any directory in the "setting".
Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34