Lock Screen Question

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up an Edge+ yesterday and really like it, a lot. Very pleased.

I set up the "fingerprint" function to unlock the phone, which works perfectly unless I'm outside and it's cold.

My issue is that when I have the phone near and connected to a "trusted device" such as my smartwatch or my vehicle's bluetooth, I thought I should be able to turn on the phone and have it unlocked without having to use the fingerprint or enter the secondary password.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known issue? Thanks.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine will also do this on occasion, don't know if it's a known issue or not. I do not have an issue with cold weather though.

Verizon S6 Edge+

SpyglassSally

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set up the same way. It generally works, but I do have occasional times when it doesn't. I haven't noticed anything about the cold but I do notice that sometimes the first thing in the morning it doesn't work. But generally, I'm happy with it.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I figured out my problem. I feel pretty foolish. The cold was not affecting it. And it was correctly unlocked while connected with a trusted device. It's just that I did not realize that the screen was functioning a certain way. Just needed a general swipe on the screen to unlock. My bad.

SpyglassSally

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I figured out my problem. I feel pretty foolish. The cold was not affecting it. And it was correctly unlocked while connected with a trusted device. It's just that I did not realize that the screen was functioning a certain way. Just needed a general swipe on the screen to unlock. My bad.
That messed messed me up too - you ignore the lock icon but swipe anywhere else. I would have thought you'd swipe where the lock is. Glad it's working for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1