Is it worth buying the galaxy s6 edge plus today?

A

AC Question

I saved my money to by the note 5, but im living in europe and the note 5 wont come here.

Now im thinking to buy the galaxy s6 edge plus, but is it worth it?

My friends have told me to wait because the new galaxy s7 will be out very soon.

I really need a phone because I have no phone at the moment, but if the new galaxy s7 is worth waiting , then I can wait.

What do you guys think? Should I go for the galaxy s6 edge plus or should I wait for the new galaxy s7. Will the galaxy s7 be much better? Any ideas?

jessmags

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE this phone! I would say it is def worth it! Usually I upgrade as soon as the new version comes out, but unless the S7 has come magic ability to print money, I am staying with the S6 Edge Plus!!!

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
As someone else mentioned, you should be able to get the Note 5 in Europe early next year. If you can't wait for then, you'd be waiting at least until March for the S7 release and then paying top prices for it.

If Samsung continues the 3GB ram on the regular S vs. 4GB on the Edge+, then 820 or not, the Edge+ will far outperform the S7. The biggest difference I felt between the S6 and the + was no lag in the + even after 4 months, and much faster. With Samsung's poor use of memory that last 1GB made all the difference.

I also find the screen size of the regular S far less appealing for video consumption. So to sum up, based on rumors and speculation od what's in the S7, I would either get the S6 Edge+ now or wait for a few weeks and get the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbarefoot82

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I would say to watch for with the Edge or Edge+ is signal strength problems. It isn't every single device or every network, I happen to have a device on a network that is afflicted with this problem. However, I'd say after 3 months of using the Edge+, it's definitely worth the buy!! Samsung is usually pretty good at finding and fixing bugs in their devices with updates, but they are usually very slow and hush hush about release dates. Again, minor issues are evident with every flagship device of every make and model, you just have to ask yourself if you're willing to commit to a specific brand, and tolerate minor, inconvenient glitches while they're being investigated and ironed out. (Talk about 1st world problems lol) best of luck to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz