Torn between s6 edge plus and note 5

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5 I know there are other threads but still don't truly anwser my questions.

I have the note 5 but changing carriers should I keep my note 5 as it's unlocked or upgrade to the edge plus I don't use the spen at all. However note sure if I would use the edge part.

Does anyone know if the edge plus fingerprint reader can do all the health things the note 5 does ie blood pressure heart rate etc I kinda like that feature.

I need to figure this out today as I am going to att today to make a switch from tmobile.

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes the reader can do all the same things the note 5 can. They are basically the same phone with the note 5 having a pen, and the s6 plus have 1gb of more ram.

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Also as of right now the edge is kind of pointless. It's more of a gimmick if anything at this point, but with Marshmallow on the way, I read it will become more useful In the update.

cmoG22

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
1st quarter of this year iirc. Basically, I don't use the edge screen for anything other than the night clock and call light up function, but like others have said, Marshmallow will make it more useful.

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Marshmallow hasn't rolled out for the American market as of yet if I'm not mistaken

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok I appreciate it all, I am keeping my note 5 seems like the best thing to do for the moment.

VikoAndCo

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the s6 edge+ and I feel like the note5 would have been a better option because I never use any of the s6 edge functions, I have it turned off.

The note5 wasn't available in Belgium when I bought mine

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I used to have a S6 edge+ but I sold it 2 weeks ago and bought a Note5 !
Both phones are excellent but I prefer the Note5 because of the s pen features.

Posted via my SM-N920C

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and rarely use the pen but I worry about accidentally activating the edge panel with my palm as I reach across phone with my thumb one handed.

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I would have bought the Note 5 had it of been available here in Europe. The Edge plus was the only option for me. I'd still prefer the Note though.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Bekkenes

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I wouldnt get either, and if you want go for Samsung, wait for next generation.
This phone has such a bad battery its ridiculous .

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I wouldnt get either, and if you want go for Samsung, wait for next generation.
This phone has such a bad battery its ridiculous .

I wouldn't agree at all. Battery life is down to usage and carrier signal.
I easily get 6 hrs SOT with 16hrs+ uptime.

Posted via my SM-G928F

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I would of bought the note instead of the edge plus but we only got the 32 gig version on the note so I opted for the 64 gig edge plus. It's a Pretty sexy phone to be honest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech