How do you clean your phone?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A lot of devices use oleophobic coating on the glass. It is not recommended to use any alcohol-based solutions when cleaning a capacitive touchscreen, neither is it a good idea to apply common household detergents, even if it's stated that they can be used for computer and / or TV screens. The aggressive compounds in such cleaners can easily wipe off the oleophobic coat and leave your glass “naked”.

Seriously people, no alcohol!

wm.cal

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
A clean, damp cotton hand towel or wash cloth is all you usually need. If you need something to get heavy smudges off the screen get a spray bottle of alcohol-free eyeglasses cleaner at your local optical shop. (Walmart optical shop has it cheap). Always use a clean 100% cotton terry cloth. No need to buy fancy microfiber wipes, they don't absorb well. Take it from someone who has worn glasses for 50 years. (And has been through 5 Droids)

ArKay#AC

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I reboot from time to time...
;-)

But a little lens cleaner and a lens cloth and it's good to go. As well as popping it out of the case here and there and giving it a quick wipe down with a soft cloth to get the dust off.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Forget the spit, I just breathe on the screen and rub on the back/side of my shirt/hoodie/whatever I'm wearing. It works well enough for my glasses right? *ducks*

Seriously, though, either a shirt or a microfiber cloth is all I use to clean my screens before taking pics for my articles.

Microfiber is what I use too. If something sticky gets on it, I'll just rinse it off under running water then dry it.

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...product%2Fphonesoap-charger%2F&token=GSMDVPwM

Says it charges and uses a UV light to sanitize your phone....Not sure how well this works but am interested to know if anyone uses one? or if they are worth the money?

Im very surprised nobody mentioned this earlier! I ordered one and got it last Saturday. You still need a microfiber cloth to wipe off a few smudges, but I do believe the sanitation claim of the UV lights.

I preorders their big model for tablets as well. It's just terrible to think about how much germs we have on our phones & stuff.

Dzulkifly Yusof

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep! I used LCD screen cleaner at least once a week with purpose made soft towel provided in the cleaner package. 6 x 6 inch sq. in a 200ml spray bottle on All my 7 Androids . So far nearly a year of use only half empty.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I got Whoosh awhile ago and yes it cleans the prints off very well but it doesn't prevent any new prints

Nothing prevents the prints and I'm so tired of wiping down the back UGH.

I decided to get a Dbrand black carbon fiber skin so this should work !!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just do not get the glass back. Such a gorgeous phone. I suspect I am too clumsy to avoid accidentally touching the curved sides but this my be the prettiest phone ever built.

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I use Uvex Lens cleaner and Uvex wipes. We use them in work on safety glasses so that's handy for me.

Posted via my SM-G928F

Dorian Anreiter

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I fail to understand all this "fingerprint magnet" foolishness. Why exactly are prints on the back of a phone a problem?

Posted via the Android Central App