How do you clean your phone?

jessmags

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I tend to use a little hand sanitizer and a microfiber cloth. This is prob wrong to use (trust me, I know! No need to lecture me ;) ), but I am really weird about germs.

What do you all use?

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have been using a Phillips LCD/LED screen cleaner for a few years now. I've used it on my previous laptop, my Mac, my iPhone, my current HTC M8. No issues whatsoever, it is an absolute delightful product to use.

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Do not use Alcohol for your precious phone!!....Not even any other cleaning solutions from the market.
The best solution is tap water...just a small amount in a clean soft wipe, gently cleans the oled panel and also the back of phone.
After polish off with a cleaning cloth, same as the one you clean your glasses.
So simple.

Posted via my SM-N920C

jessmags

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Do not use Alcohol for your precious phone!!....Not even any other cleaning solutions from the market.
The best solution is tap water...just a small amount in a clean soft wipe, gently cleans the oled panel and also the back of phone.
After polish off with a cleaning cloth, same as the one you clean your glasses.
So simple.

Posted via my SM-N920C

I get what you are saying, but why is alcohol bad? I have the old version of jump, so I get a new phone every time a new one comes out. I don't think cleaning once a week with an antibacterial wipe or alcohol in lieu of one, will do any damage. I could be wrong! Like I said, I am weird about germs. A little tap water is not gonna get rid of any germs that my phone may gather every day. Yuck!

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Man, I love this phone....but the glass back is a freakin finger print magnet. I can't stand it. I would give anything to have the Note 4 backing again. You never had to clean the back of that thing. I would work on my motorcycle and sometimes even get a little oil on the back of the phone and it would just eventually clean itself. It was kinda magical I think. Not a fan of the glass back

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Spit and whatever shirt I'm wearing at the moment?

Forget the spit, I just breathe on the screen and rub on the back/side of my shirt/hoodie/whatever I'm wearing. It works well enough for my glasses right? *ducks*

Seriously, though, either a shirt or a microfiber cloth is all I use to clean my screens before taking pics for my articles.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Little bit of hand sanitizer and a paper towel. Wipe the screen and all around the phone (I always have a case on my phone). Also I have a glass screen protector so if the screen gets nasty with time, I'll replace the screen protector for ~ $ 7 or so. :)

*LG Optimus G Pro*

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Microfiber is good. I also use automotive cleaner wax like Turtle Wax or Meguiars (sp). Even a soft touch clay bar pad helps remove or fill in light scratches. Done this with a Sony Xperia Z1S and a Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto G³

grohlaholic

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
ZEISS lens wipes are awesome. I use them on all phones, tablets, cameras, watches, glasses, sunnies, you name it.. Cheap too! You can get them at Walmart and Amazon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tony Vargas

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I use lens cleaner from Sunglass hut, and a microfiber cloth. I also use this to clean my fragrance testers at work. Travel size is $9.99 and free refills for life at any Sunglass hut or Lenscrafters.

It's a mild cleanser with just enough alcohol to get rid of oil and smudges.

Hasenfefer

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Use PLEXUS plastic cleaner/ polish. Best plastic polish in the world. Originally developed for aircraft windshield/canopys. Can get at some motorcycle shops or on Amazon. Kinda expensive, but 13oz or 26 oz spray cans last a long time, and makes thing slippery and shiny. Can use on about everything plastic or otherwise. Try it, you'll like it!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae