New sim free S6 Edge+ disappointing Battery

blackburn5bw

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up the Galaxy S6 Edge +
And the battery seems fairly appalling to be fair. On full charge the estimated time is 9 hrs
Previously had s6 edge and I was very surprised with the battery performance. So quite shocked at this dismissal battery.
Gonna be pining for the iPhone 6s plus soon

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have heard this from many users, all of them are facing same battery issue. When I saw this fabulous handset, it really made me go crazy for its awesome look but now it made me disappointed.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You should get much better battery life than 9 hours. Without knowing which apps you are using and how you have it set up it is really hard to say what you should do.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life conversations are relative. Some people play games, surf the web and watch videos all day. While others use their phones for communication and/or a business tool. The battery life will vary greatly on depending on one's use.

blackburn5bw

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm a competent user. I have optimised the phone to the hilt. I do not play games I don't even have a game installed. I use Twitter Facebook a little news and forums. But nothing out of the ordinary which is why I am a little perplexed with regards to this.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That does sound unusual; I am a consultant and my phone is my primary office and personal phone. I am on the phone quite a bit, use navigation, office tools, email and occasionally listen to Pandora. In most cases I finish the day with about 50% of my battery left. I plug in around 10pm with 40% or so left. For the most part I have done nothing special to improve my battery life. Maybe you got a dud... Wouldn't be the first time.

I'm a competent user. I have optimised the phone to the hilt. I do not play games I don't even have a game installed. I use Twitter Facebook a little news and forums. But nothing out of the ordinary which is why I am a little perplexed with regards to this.

sketchedout

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So annoying battery life issues as there never seems to be a standard reason for it. When I first got mine I had terrible standby time. If I charged it up to 100% and then left it overnight it would drop down to 85% but I would seem to last through the day fine. The only thing I changed setting wise was to not have WiFi persistently on so that it only comes on when in use rather than on in standby too. Now if I charge to 100% and leave overnight it only drops 3% in say 8 hours.

I also found using Chrome was better than the browser Samsung provide in terms of battery and ram usage.

My screen brightness tends to be under halfway and feels plenty bright enough other than bright light outdoors when I just turn it up if I need to. I've never had auto brightness on. I find I usually get at least 3.5hrs sometimes over 4 of screen on time depending on what I'm doing in that time. Mainly use it for browsing, taking pictures, email, little Facebook here and there, YouTube / music. Don't tend to spend much time in terms of phonecalls.

I now have Bluetooth on all the time as I got the Gear S2 classic to sync with it but still last the day absolutely no trouble.

Posted via the Android Central App

sketchedout

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Just charged mine up to 100 and then thought of screen shot you done. You can mine says currently optimising 70 apps plus over 18 hrs estimated usage. I can't think why yours would say just over 8. Something is not right with that. And you can't find anything that seems to be continually running? How about syncing apps like any Microsoft ones / Google ones?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2420.jpg
    2420.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 50

Zoolok

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, my phone lost 39% of battery over night (~8 hrs). When I look into the settings, it says that 'Android system' uses the battery most, by a huge margin. I've tried everything I found online (restart, wipe cache, factory reset, I even put a new stock ROM with Odin), but nothing is working. I only installed Skype and Outlook, but they are not even listed in the battery usage screen. Does anyone have any idea?