Why won't my PS4 controller pair to my Samsung S6 Edge Plus?

A

AC Question

Why wont my PS4 controller pair to my Samsung S6 Edge Plus?

Ok, so I have recently purchased a Samsung S6 edge plus, along with the Gear VR, for all that VR fun!

Only problem is, a lot of the VR stuff requires a controller to work with, and I am having an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to get something working.

I have read loads that you can use PS4 controllers, all be it you may need to download an app to help the lag, but I simply can't get mine to pair properly with my phone.

I've even bought a Micro USB OTG cable to connect it via cable, and still it doesn't seem to work. I cabled it up, pressed the button and it just turned my PS4 on as normal and nothing on my phone at all.

I have tried so many times to pair them but it just wont have it. Occasionally I can put the controller into Pairing mode, stop and start bluetooth on my phone, and then it will say paired on the phone, but the controller still flashes like it is waiting to pair, and it has no control on the phone. I get a pop up on the phone to add as a trusted device also, but if I click it then it just says that it is unable to communicate with the controller.

Driving me mad, I just want to use the controller to enjoy my VR! :(

I also have an old Moga pocket controller, but of course that is the Moga that doesn't work with VR, you know, because it would be and all that! :'(

Can anyone please help, I have tried so many times, and looked at loads of videos etc, I just can't work out what is going wrong and what is getting in the way and stopping it working.

sigurd92995

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey i also tried connecting my ds4 to my galaxy s6 edge. It didnt work with the controller that came with the ps4 (i have two one black and one red) i had the same issues that you had but when i tried with the controller i bought seperate it worked. It connected to my phone and worked like a charm. I hope this helps you so you can enjoy the vr :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair