After A Factory Reset some things don't work anymore? Could I still have malware on my phone?

maddie1124

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Last week I was sitting watching tv with my phone beside me on the table....all of a sudden it took a picture. While I was telling my husband about it,it did it again. So I was telling my brother about it and he said to factory wipe it that it could be malware. I did that.. (never again) it took me hours and hours to get everything back to the way I had it customized but now I can no longer set a custom tone for different contacts. I go in and add it but it just plays the default one all the time. Anyone have any ideas of what could be going on or what I am doing wrong? I did have them all customized before the wipe. TIA

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you been able to contact your provider or Samsung Tech Support to see if they can help? Sounds very bizarre and I don't have an answer for you myself. Good luck....

maddie1124

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figured it out! Two things happened when I did the factory wipe, somehow my ringtones and notifications got removed from the device storage, so after moving them back where they belonged and it still would only work for a few times and then revert back, I found out that they have updated the message app and you have to go in there -click Customize- then tones!
I spent almost 4 days figuring this out! Since it worked fine when I got the phone, I couldn't let it go. lol My Blackberry was sooo much easier!!!
So if anyone else has this problem...this is what worked for me. I searched and searched for the answer and never got it so happened on it out of frustration.