Got my S6 Edge+ Saturday...

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded from my Droid Turbo to the S6 Edge+... I was also using an iPhone 6 Plus for awhile. ..

So far, so good with the Edge+!!! I'm really enjoying the curved edges and the features they come with... I love the size of the phone and it's snappy and screen is crisp! Was gonna wait and get the S7 Edge but it's a little smaller and I'd have had to wait longer for it. Plus factor in the time to read all reviews and such before making the decision and I would have had to wait even longer... Instead I figured I'd just go for a sure thing.

One gripe was that it was kind of difficult for me to handle without triggering the screen sometimes along the edges when holding phone while reading for instance. I fixed that problem on Tuesday by picking up the Otterbox case. Now there is significant bezel to grip while still not covering the edges...

Been using the phone a lot for reading ebooks, Web browsing, phone calls and email, texting and facebook/twitter and everything else and the battery has held up admirably with me only having to charge twice since my initial charge on Saturday. Today is Thurs. So not bad at all!!

Like I said, so far so good.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
1 dollar 2 year contracts are a scam and will end up costing you a lot more in two years...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I picked up the Urban Armor Gear case today (clear w/ Black Frame and honeycomb pattern on parts of the back)... I think I like it better than the Otterbox case. It's definitely thinner and lighter. Plus it shows the color of the phone through the clear plastic along with the name of phone and carrier branding (not that that really matters but some people might like that). As for protection both cases seem to be very well made and seem like they will provide good protection from drops and what not but only time will tell. I'm keeping the Otterbox though as a backup but I think I'll use the UAG most of the time.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Nice I just put a Spigen crystal clear case it's minimal but it's so clear you can't tell their is a case on it, I just checked on that 1 dollar deal on the S6 edge plus from best buy and the note 5 deal for 249$ best buy is ripping you off not only are you stuck in a 2 year contract and can not upgrade for 2 years but your monthly line charge is 40$ as to 15 with the 32$ 24 month plan on Verizon and your data plans and taxes are higher lol so your essentially paying the 32$ plus 3$ a month more for 2 years that alone is more than the phones full retail of 780$ ,and a correction if you are on the early edge plan you can still upgrade at 75% payed of the full retail if you trade your old device in and you can update at 100% and keep your old device as to the 2 year contract were you can not upgrade under any sircumstances for 2 years. I hate best buy , best con artists out their. I'm not even going to get into how much the note 5 will end up costing you lol do the math 249$ plus tax and 40 a month for 2 years lol ....

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I got my S6 Edge + at BestBuy... I'm paying it off over two years but since I'm on a family plan and other members on my plan hardly ever upgrade, I get their upgrades too. So I will essentially get a free new phone every year or so without my bill going up at all. That's my understanding of it anyway. Plus I definitely don't plan on switching carriers anytime soon if ever. Very happy with Verizon. First time dealing with BestBuy though for a phone.

My UAG case has patterns on the back so you can definitely tell there's a case on it but I think it looks slick and kind of high tech with the clear effect etc... Plus its really slim and light.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Quadtronics I have the galaxy s6 edge plus, you did the right thing by doing the payment plan at 32$ a month you will end up saving 610$ in two years over getting a two year contract. I work for Verizon and we are eliminating the 2 year contracts and are upset that best buy is trying to trick people into the 2 year contract as we at the Verizon corporate stores never push the 2 year contract, under the 2 year contract even if your phone broke or you absolutely hated it you can not upgrade at all even if you had the cash upfront to buy a new device ,you would need to open a new line, at least when you make the payments it's a flat 32 a month and their is no interest and you have cheaper data plans available, the more everything plan is the best way to go but if you don't use that much data you can always change it , and let's say you have the device for one year and you really want the latest and greatest thing you can pay off the remaining 50% of the phone keep your old device and jump into a new device with the same payment structure without any early termination fees ,as to the 2 year contract in order to get a new phone for your self before your 2 years is up you would need to cancel the line pay for the early termination fees and it would default your 1 dollar price of your device back to full price and than you would need to pay that off . I like verizon I just get frustrated with their update lag on their devices, but to end this rant lol never get stuck on a old-school 2 year contract the Verizon payment plan saves you a lot of money, I know people jump at the 1 dollar deal but when they see how much more they will be spending in that 2 years they end up calling us and yelling at us and corporate can not fix it once it's done. Have a safe weekend.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You've got to be careful when you buy into the 1.00 promos. I mean you got a great phone but you're locked into it for two years, and honestly it isn't that cost effective over time. You don't get the discounts you would on your bill otherwise.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Considering the s6 edge plus. I currently have the note 5. .. not sure how I'd like the edges but with a good case sounds like it would be nice.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, without a case I had a little trouble not touching the screen when holding the phone in certain positions... it's not impossible but more than anything I was just constantly conscious of it and worried that I might trigger something by accident. It only actually happened once or twice that I can remember in the 3 days I had the phone without a case.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If have 4 lines, 2 with unlimited. I have no intention of leaving Verizon. Why would getting best buy dollar deal be bad? I am not someone that needs latest and greatest and would never pay more than 50 dollars for a phone.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Had mine since August. Very very pleased not even interested in S7 but the Note 6 definitely caught my eye. Keeping my eyes on that one.

Ryan Pavey

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Its pretty much the same phone as the note 5. If you love the s pen keep the note, but if you want a phone that feels cooler to use and looks better get the edge

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey y'all!

Received mine TO-DAY! I had been vascillating back & fourth since the day S7 Edge was released, but just couldn't deal with how bad the colors available looked after just a few minutes of being handled!!! So i was still undecided on if i wanted to drop $850.00 on an international/no warranty WHITE version, when within just a few hours on launch day Ebay COMPLETELY sold out of the white color...(and from the looks of things, i just get the feeling they won't get any more (i am STILL dumbfounded Sammy did away for the most part with the "white" option... That's Crazy Town!! You can never go wrong offering Black or White! Phonemakers are going wayyyy too overboard with the "gold" color for phones...at FIRST it was a nice change, but now... Nahhhh....no way!

Anyway, i had a $200.00 credit hanging out on Amazon, and the white Edge Plus was selling for $583.00 NO TAX, so i went for it.... I had seen the Edge Plus last year at Best Buy, but with that stupid mechanism on it there is just no way to tell how amazing it feels in the hand, plus there was never a white Edge s6+ there...

The last Sammy phone i had was Note 4, and man o man, have they stepped it up! I have played with all the versions since, but that high price tag has just turned me off when so many other companies have released really great phones in the 300-500$$ range, so that's what i have been dinkin' around with the past 18 months or so...

As soon as it turned on it prompted me to download Marshmallow, and i have GOT to say....Wowza! I have been playing with it since 9:00 this morning since Fed Ex guy dropped it off, and i am REALLY happy i chose it over the S7 Edge... The "white" color, the.2 inch bigger screen, the 300+ $$$ savings and most of all the ability to shoot all 16MP with a 16x9 ratio... (i honestly CANNOT remember the last time i had a phone that i just DID NOT want to, "put down"...Maybe it was The HTC Evo, (yeah its been THAT long since i've been THIS Wow'ed!)

Also, the guy at Best Buy gave me his S7 to hold without the thigamajiggey on it, and if possible, the back being curved along with the front, almost not enough room to hold that thing! I like my phones COMPLETELY without a case, and if you think my little, "bowtie" Love Handle on the back looks a little cheesey, ur right, it DOES, but not as cheesey as it would cracked!

BTC

Untitled.jpg