Why is my battery life so bad and the cell standby battery use % so high?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy s6 edge + and recently the battery life has been terrible, not even lasting a day

According to my battery usage:
Screen = 29% ( it's on auto brightness and generally quite dim)
Cell Standby = 22%
Android OS = 17% (most up to date software)
Device idle = 10%
Android system = 6%
Spotify = 6%

I have changed wifi to "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "never" - no change.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! High Cell Standby battery usage usually means poor cell signal. How is your cell signal throughout the day? Install an app like GSam Battery Monitor to give you a better idea of your cell signal strength.

joshuasmith725538

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

I live in London, so my signal is pretty strong all the time, the only time is it weak is when I am home, but I am with vodafone and have wifi calling when home over wifi

I read another blog and it recommended 'Keep wifi on during sleep' - I turned that off to 'Never' and that has significantly helped batter life

Since doing that battery usage has changed

Android OS = 43%
Cell Standby = 30%
Screen = 25%

I have also downloaded Doze - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&hl=en_GB&token=JpUAaZix - This may have contributed to my increased battery life

Any other suggestions welcomed

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
30% Cell Standby is still pretty high. I wonder if poor cell signal may still impact the battery life, despite using wi-fi calling at home. It would be interesting to compare the battery performance if you spent a day somewhere else, like in a hotel room with good cell signal.