Smashed Screen and Can't get past lock to get data

joceire

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I found a few threads on this but the issue I am having none of them work.

I smashed my screen and the insurance are replacing phone but I need to get my data off the phone so I can backup and Reset the device.

Only problem is:

Kies 3 wont let me do anything as its locked

ADM - Lets me lock the phone but not unlock the phone

Samsung Find my device has all the options but the unlock option.

So frustrating I cannot bypass the lock/swipe so I can't access my data

Any ideas?

Thanks a mil

Joceire

joceire

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
And I do apologize if I am coming off rude this is frustrating me to no end. Samsung have no answers. ATT have no answers. Every suggestion made has come up with no answers.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Untitled.jpg

Click the arrow at the bottom of the different options. Your device will need to be switched on, obviously. Do I think you are that stupid?? You would be surprised by some people's lack of knowledge.
The trouble with AT&T is they bastardize firmware so things like KIES cant be used for updates so perhaps that is the reason it doesn't appear.

joceire

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
When I click that arrow it minimizes the options on the right. 100% no option to unlock my phone using that hence why I asked the question. I thank you for your suggestion though.

joceire

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Have a cable on the way but I was hoping there was a solution that didn't involves the mouse and OTG cable. Seems nuts the unlock option has been removed by Samsung most likely down to ATT. Typical ATT making it impossible to do anything with your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463