When I send pictures, they are distorted

SOCALBomber

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Since the new Marshmallow 6.0.1 update, my 6s Edge+ has issues sending pictures. I can take pictures perfectly fine, view them in the gallery fine but when I send them to other android or apple users they are distorted. The colors are way off, like a messed up rainbow and the lower quarter of the picture is chopped and shifted. Never had this issue before the 6.0.1 update. And suggestions? -thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How are you sending the pictures? Email, texting, SnapChat, etc.? Does it happen no matter how you send them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter if you select the photo from within FB Messenger vs. going to the Gallery first, selecting the photo, and tapping the Share button?

SOCALBomber

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I select the photo from the gallery, which looks perfect and I send it as a text. I'll try email, don't do any type of social media. I've sent pictures to people with iPhone and druids, it's all the same distort. I have a picture that's was sent back to me but I can't figure out how to attach so you all can see.

hannah0124

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Since the new Marshmallow 6.0.1 update, my 6s Edge+ has issues sending pictures. I can take pictures perfectly fine, view them in the gallery fine but when I send them to other android or apple users they are distorted. The colors are way off, like a messed up rainbow and the lower quarter of the picture is chopped and shifted. Never had this issue before the 6.0.1 update. And suggestions? -thanks

I'm having this exact problem. All messages sent through text come out this way to other users. It's unfortunate because my pictures are often unrecognizable to others. I assume this is an issue with Samsung and their update and I hope it's fixed. I, too, have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.

MIMIinTX

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
This, too, is my problem. It doesn't matter if I attach a photo from the gallery or take the picture to text. I have this issue sending to another android or apple user...the photos are distorted both in color and shape or are complete blacked out.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me once but hasn't happened since. Weird.

seanewton

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
My husband and I are having the SAME problems, where he has a Samsung and I have an LG....has there been any resolution to this? It's ridiculous and anytime I want to send a photo some someone now (and I'm a photographer that runs a business) I end up having to do it over FB messenger or e-mail.

Stephanie Sharkey

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have a Galaxy S6. It is very random when it happens... I cannot figure out a rhym or reason to it. It only occured after the latest android update.

chandlerbiancad

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I have been experiencing this for months now and I'm pretty upset about it! i am a Samsung supporter to the core, but issues such as this makes it hard to win an argument. sad to see there are no solutions listed here :(

rddegree

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I too am having this issue and am NOT happy about it. Has anyone gotten any sort of resolution on what is causing this? Right now I can't text pictures to anyone... they all are going through distorted; rainbows, etc. What's the point of having a camera if you can't send pictures to friends, family, etc. This was working fine until probably a month or so ago.

Kelbo619

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm also having trouble sending pics via text messages. When I send them to my husband (who has a Samsung Galaxy S7 like me) or my MIL who has an iPhone, they are distorted on their end about 99% of the time. I can send pics to my sister and mom who have iPhones and they are just fine. I don't understand and this is quite frustrating! I usually have to email pics or use Facebook messenger when they distort via text. Is there a solution??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy