Can't save a download on Galaxy S6 edge+

boarderline1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I can download apps just fine from the play store. But when I try to download anything ( and I mean ANYTHING) else it won't do it. I click on the link. The box comes up with the name of the file. Then the option to cancel or save. I hit save and...nothing! No error message, just nothing. This is with any file. PDF, music, etc. I've tried clearing the cache, cookies, browsing data. I've checked for duplicate files and memory usage. I cleared cache/data then forced stop on the download manager and checked the "allow downloads from unknown sources". Ive done everything but a factory reset which I REALLY don't want to do! Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is only when trying to download files using the browser? Can you try a different browser?

boarderline1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is only when trying to download files using the browser? Can you try a different browser?

Oh for crap sake! I was using Opera. Tried Chrome and got an error message (Opera didn't give any message) about storage permissions and turning off app overlay. I had to uninstal CM security before I could allow storage permission. Literally the ONLY reason I stay with those guys is for their caller I D and blocking feature! Thank you for making me think. I seriously appreciate it!