After receiving a notification, the app of the notification automatically opens.

A

AC Question

This has been happening for two weeks. If I'm holding my phone up right and I receive a notification with in 2 seconds it will automatically open up that app and take me away from what I'm doing. Its super annoying. However, we did figure out, if the phone is laying flat, the app doesn't open. Its only opens when the phone is vertically and probably jostled. I have looked in settings in the apps & notifications, but have found nothing to fix this problem.

Example: I'll reload my Starbucks card from the app and show the barista my phone to pay for my drinks, in the mean time, I'll get an email stating saying I put money on my Starbucks card and while the phone is face the barista, it will go to the email.

Or I'll be doing anything on my phone and I'll get a Facebook notification, it will go directly to the notification.

Justin Moultrie

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Did you get an answer to this? I've been searching for a week now and this is the only thing I can find about this. I need my phone (S8) to stop opening the apps when there's a notification.

peacheypie

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Did you get an answer to this? I've been searching for a week now and this is the only thing I can find about this. I need my phone (S8) to stop opening the apps when there's a notification.

Justin,
No I never got an answer or resolution. I have been just dealing with it. It must have come with an update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante