S6 Edge+ will not turn on or charge- holding down 4 buttons doesnt work

A

AC Question

My phone had a charge, randomly shut off and wont turn back on. When I plug it into the charger I get the lightning charging symbol but it never shows a charge percentage. I have tried holding all 4 buttons, power and volume down, power and volume up, pretty much every solution that has worked for others and it does nothing for me. I have tried these with the phone both on the charger and off the charger. I also tried to charge the phone via wireless charging and still only shows the charge symbol. I have been researching for hours. I feel that it is a hardware failure, maybe battery failure? Any solutions? I am pretty tech savoy so willing to dissemble the phone if needed. Thanks in advance

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone had a charge, randomly shut off and wont turn back on. When I plug it into the charger I get the lightning charging symbol but it never shows a charge percentage. I have tried holding all 4 buttons, power and volume down, power and volume up, pretty much every solution that has worked for others and it does nothing for me. I have tried these with the phone both on the charger and off the charger. I also tried to charge the phone via wireless charging and still only shows the charge symbol. I have been researching for hours. I feel that it is a hardware failure, maybe battery failure? Any solutions? I am pretty tech savoy so willing to dissemble the phone if needed. Thanks in advance

Try with the charger connected holding Power & Home for about 30 sec. If that doesn't work try booting into recovery. Power, Volume Up, & Home.

jamedawg32

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Try with the charger connected holding Power & Home for about 30 sec. If that doesn't work try booting into recovery. Power, Volume Up, & Home.

Thank you for the response. I have tried both of your recommendations but still nothing working. When I have the charger in it shows the charging lightning symbol, holding any sequence of buttons does not change it except holding power and volume down the screen will go black after 6 seconds or so but soon as released will just go right back to the charging lightning logo.

I have had it do this a few times in the past but holding the sequence of buttons always rebooted it without any issues, this time just appears dead.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I have tried both of your recommendations but still nothing working. When I have the charger in it shows the charging lightning symbol, holding any sequence of buttons does not change it except holding power and volume down the screen will go black after 6 seconds or so but soon as released will just go right back to the charging lightning logo.

I have had it do this a few times in the past but holding the sequence of buttons always rebooted it without any issues, this time just appears dead.

Hmm. Sounds like a possible battery failure. Can you get the device to be recognized by a pc?