Installing custom recovery

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted Galaxy S6 Edge phone(Verizon) and want to install a custom recovery. Everywhere I search they seem to say that it is impossible with a Verizon or ATT version of the phone but they also state you can't root it either. Since I am using a rooted version I know they are wrong but what I need to know is where can I download TWRP for my galaxy s6 edge Verizon variant?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted Galaxy S6 Edge phone(Verizon) and want to install a custom recovery. Everywhere I search they seem to say that it is impossible with a Verizon or ATT version of the phone but they also state you can't root it either. Since I am using a rooted version I know they are wrong but what I need to know is where can I download TWRP for my galaxy s6 edge Verizon variant?

It does not look like there is a TWRP for the Verizon model yet.

https://twrp.me/Devices/

It looks like people are using Flashfire to flash ROM's on their Verizon S6's

FlashFire Works | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 | XDA Forums

Verizon Galaxy S6 Android Development - XDA Forums

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response, it does seem like flash fire is the best way to go. I haven't tried the back up yet, but it looks like it should work fine and you can install custom roms. thanks again☺

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I need someone too explian what exactly a custom recovery is and how too make one,I'm really lost,new too this all

A custom recovery is simply one that replaces the stock recovery on your phone. Typically the most common options are TWRP or Clockwork(CWM). I'm assuming you're using the galaxy s6 edge since you're in this thread which means you'll have to use FlashFire as the person above recommended. It works perfectly and also allows you to install a custom ROM if you see fit.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I need someone too explian what exactly a custom recovery is and how too make one,I'm really lost,new too this all

There are a lot of threads that explain the various custom items, recovery, kernel, rom, etc. On XDA. I read AC more than XDA, but for customizing, there are some very good from basics explanations on XDA.

Posted from my Nexus 6 Android Central app

FerNasy

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I wanted to do factory reset but suddenly cleaned system file and everything.
Can anybody help me how to install new OS?
my phone was rooted. Galaxy s6 edge scv31 japanese version.
cannot get download mode. and my phones screen shows only charging logo even its charging or no
thanks a lot for any help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar