Samsung S6 edge, fingerprint scan

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I was able to finally BUST Samsung fingerprint scan to open private setting on my S 6 Edge.
Fingerprint scan stopped recognizing my fingerprint after daily use for 2 months with no problems at all. Now it's asking for password, my backup password? Or man , I don't even remember what password, I was bringing a fool and thought fingerprint scan working, this is awesome, why worry about a backup password.
After 2 days of trying out different ways without having to reset my phone I got it. I even done it 3 different times just to be sure. Turns out that it's so simple I was way over thinking it. I was about to reset the phone and that's when I got the idea of what I need to do. When resetting all it does is wipe out the data.
Go to applications manager, go to all apps, scroll down to fingerprint scan, clear catch,clear data,Force Stop. You're going to get a warning not to,but I done it 3 times and found out you only get about 30 seconds before fingerprint scan reboots itself and stops you.
Soon as you force stop ,go to personal settings open, go to private setting and it will ask for fingerprint, use it and it will accept the fingerprint, has no data to compare the scan ,now go to change backup password, it will ask for your fingerprint scan again, if you have been fast enough it still doesn't know not to accept so now you have full control, reset the password, to one you can remember, And I turned off fingerprint scan. What a joke. Anyway ,I hope this might help someone that's locked out of there own phone.
And if it's just the screen locked, go to Google find my mobile. I tried that a few days ago. It can only unlock your screen settings. And device manager can only lock it. Anyway thats a whole other story. Good luck with your Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781