If you're considering the Edge - what do you have now?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Currently using a Nexus 5, hardware upgrade coming end of year. I never thought I'd love a Samsung device again (the last one was a Focus, WP)...but man the S6 Edge looks AWESOME. Originally it was a toss up between S6/Edge and M9, but the S6 is my choice so far in 2015. Keeping an eye on the Moto x 2015 and LG G4 as well.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Coming from HTC One M7, I've owned gs2 and gs3..... I'm still waiting to see what the LG G4 will look like. I was not impressed with M8 or M9 however I guess after having a phone w/out a removable battery and SD card I can say it's not so bad. However, I would of liked removable sd card...

But the S6 Edge looks pretty nice depending on $$.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Note 4, Iphone 6+ and the S5. Thinking of getting the green S6 edge so I can replace all of them.

I'm liking that emerald green color too. seems almost black i some lighting which is kind of cool. I like that it's a dark green and not a gaudy green. Coming from a Z3 compact.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I really hope we in the USA don't get shafted on the color selections like we usually do. I really would like to have either the Gold or Green S6 Edge, but I am worried we will get Black and White only.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 Plus (iPad Air, MBCP, AppleTV) and I got the plus for the max internal storage, and battery capacity and it does last all day long. I will only look to get the Edge if AT&T offers the 128GB S6 Edge, I won't downgrade on capacity.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
M8 here. Will certainly wait until both the M9, S6 Edge and maybe the G4 are out before making a final decision. You really have to hold it and play with it before deciding. On paper the S5 was better than the M8 but after holding it and playing with it there was no comparison.

I just hope pricing on the S6 Edge is not obscene. If the S6 is around $600 and the Edge $700 and another $50 to go from 32g to 64g then fine. If it creeps up to almost $900 just to get one with sufficient memory since there's no sd card I had better be blown away or i'll be looking elsewhere.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
M8 here. Will certainly wait until both the M9, S6 Edge and maybe the G4 are out before making a final decision. You really have to hold it and play with it before deciding. On paper the S5 was better than the M8 but after holding it and playing with it there was no comparison.

I just hope pricing on the S6 Edge is not obscene. If the S6 is around $600 and the Edge $700 and another $50 to go from 32g to 64g then fine. If it creeps up to almost $900 just to get one with sufficient memory since there's no sd card I had better be blown away or i'll be looking elsewhere.
AT&T sells the Note Edge for $946. The the regular S6 will be very close to the iPhone in pricing since that's what Samsung is obviously targeting. AT&T's 128GB iPhone is $850...so the Edge in the capacity will likely be $950 or thereabouts.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
AT&T sells the Note Edge for $946. The the regular S6 will be very close to the iPhone in pricing since that's what Samsung is obviously targeting. AT&T's 128GB iPhone is $850...so the Edge in the capacity will likely be $950 or thereabouts.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

They are getting way too expensive. I'm glad for carriers subsidies, but their plans are getting too expensive.

Posted via Android Central App

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the S5, which I really like BTW. It's been fairly good to me. Yeah I have to reboot it occasionally and wipe the cache, but from a performance standpoint it's better than decent.

I have an upgrade May 10th. It's going to be hard for me to NOT get the S6 Edge (yeah I am capitalizing it, because IMO it should be cap).

The better camera alone would have done it for me.... the build quality, and the themes, are icing on the cake. I am just having a hard time thinking about how much this thing is going to cost - even on a 2 yr contract (VZW).

Yeah take all my money LOL - green 128GB if they offer it!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've gone from Nexus 5 to iPhone 6+ to Note 4 to Nexus 6 to G3. I'll be selling the G3 once I can get my hands on an S6 or Edge. Going with black and at least 64gb (all depends on price since I'll be buying off contract or on AT&T Next). I honestly think that either S6 is the best looking phone I've ever seen. I can't wait to get it. Of all the phones I've had this year, the Note 4 was my favorite. I just decided that the larger phones weren't my cup of tea. I think the 5"-5.5" phones is where I'll need to stay. That combined with a nice 2-in-1 laptop, Nexus Player, Chromecast should be enough tech to keep me happy. If Samsung keeps this up with their S line I may just stick with that and do a yearly upgrade.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm another potential refugee from HTC considering the Edge over the M9. My whole Android life has been HTC & Sense back to the original Evo. My most recent long-term phone was the M7, recently replaced by an M8 I picked up to play with. I like the M8 overall, but the extra height of the phone bugs me (that giant HTC black bar..uggh). I had been looking forward to the M9, but like many, was disappointed to see the M9 is basically the same (style and size-wise).

While I hate to leave Sense and the front speakers, the design of the Edge has been calling me since I first saw it. It is something different, plus it isn't quite as tall as the M8. The somewhat updated TouchWiz looks better than I remember from the last time I played with an S5. My only real concern with the Edge will be battery life, so that will be interesting to track experiences once the phone is released.

Of course, my other dilemma is if I'm finally going to jump ship from Sprint after 15 years when my latest contract ends next month. While their data network has improved a little in my area, voice signal seems to be getting worse by the day. I thought something was going bad in my M7, but the M8 is having the same problems getting and keeping a voice signal. May finally be time to make a move elsewhere, probably to Verizon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Great movie choices. I am looking forward to seeing what the Note 5 will bring, but I don't want my 6+ any longer than I have to so it will be an S6 Edge 128GB unless AT&T doesn't offer it in which case I will just roll along :(

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Great movie choices. I am looking forward to seeing what the Note 5 will bring, but I don't want my 6+ any longer than I have to so it will be an S6 Edge 128GB unless AT&T doesn't offer it in which case I will just roll along :(
I honestly don't think you'll have to worry. I have a feeling this is more of an Apple-esque rollout where everyone will have the option of all three storage sizes. At least of the major carriers.

Tony Vargas

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Going for S6 Edge. Haven't used a S phone since the original Galaxy S and Galaxy S 4G. Ever since I have had ALL the Notes. I even had the GN4 for 3 weeks before I jumped to GN Edge. I love T-Mobile's JUMP program. I can jump 2 times a year, with nothing down because of my grandfathered plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance