If you're considering the Edge - what do you have now?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back and forth as well. It's a tough decision.
It definitely is, or is going to be. I think the tech nerd in me wants the Edge just so I can one up my wife who'll have the plain Jane S6. I dunno. Just feels like I should go for the big guy to keep the nerd in me happy.

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 phones bought outright: Nexus 5 & One+One. I am seriously considering a Samsung phone for the first time ever. It ticks off all the boxes(wireless charging, NFC, wireless payments, Google apps, less Touchwiz bloat ) and the new edge notifications combined with iPhone-style industrial design. My AT&T contract is to be renewed in May, so perfect timing. The S6 Edge will have been out for a month and there will be lots of reviews about the battery life, camera quality and performance. But as of now I'm heavily leaning towards this phone.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
It definitely is, or is going to be. I think the tech nerd in me wants the Edge just so I can one up my wife who'll have the plain Jane S6. I dunno. Just feels like I should go for the big guy to keep the nerd in me happy.

Haha that's funny because that's pretty much the exact reason I'm on the fence. I'll be getting my wife the regular one because she won't care anyways and I think it will be safer from drops which she is prone to. I feel like if I'm getting the S6 then I might as well go all the way and get the Edge since it's "cooler" and if I just got the regular and people ask to see it they'll ask why I didn't get the Edge. Then again, I really don't think I'll care about the edge from a functionality standpoint. I don't think it offers anything that I care about. So do I pay the premium to get the "cooler" device because I feel like I should have the best of the best?

In the end, I'll probably get the Edge and it will just be a waste of $100-150, but at least I won't have the regret of not having the latest, greatest and "coolest"

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Haha that's funny because that's pretty much the exact reason I'm on the fence. I'll be getting my wife the regular one because she won't care anyways and I think it will be safer from drops which she is prone to. I feel like if I'm getting the S6 then I might as well go all the way and get the Edge since it's "cooler" and if I just got the regular and people ask to see it they'll ask why I didn't get the Edge. Then again, I really don't think I'll care about the edge from a functionality standpoint. I don't think it offers anything that I care about. So do I pay the premium to get the "cooler" device because I feel like I should have the best of the best?

In the end, I'll probably get the Edge and it will just be a waste of $100-150, but at least I won't have the regret of not having the latest, greatest and "coolest"
Yeah. It's really just the tech nerd/tech junky in me. I like to have the best of the best. I'll blow the extra $100 or whatever, even if I don't see a ton of use for the Edge screens.

Z10NIZED

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry Z10! Might get some have but really do like it, but thinking about making the switch to Android, either that or the BlackBerry Passport

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am so happy with my HTC M8 and I said to myself I would not consider getting another phone until around mid 2016. But then came along Samsung with the absolutely gorgeous S6 Edge, which changed all that for me. The display is like no other (well the Note Edge not included in that statement) and the phone will just be something unique.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Note 4
I've said in an much earlier post on this thread that I would not get the S6 Edge because I was perfectly happy with my note 4 but this device has captured and intrigues me. The dual edges, newer design and everything else has me very excited to see what this device will look like in my hands. So yes, I'm saying it loud, I have changed my mind and will purchase the S6 Edge.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 and S4 ... I'm up next month and plan to get the black 64 S6 Edge and either the 64 Nexus 6 if I buy it on the Playstore or 32 if its through VZ. I don't want to drop $1500+ so we'll see. I'm 99% sure I'm def getting the Edge and about 75% on the N6 ... the battery life and it having been released 5 months ago is leaving me hesitant. I might end up buying the Edge and waiting for the 2015 Nexus, still undecided.

Posted via the Android Central App

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
OnePlus One.

I really like the OnePlus and it's OS is still the best, but the hardware on the S6 Edge is just insane. I'll just root and get rid of the remaining bloatware.

Maybe I'll wait for the S6 Active since I heard it will be waterproof, SD card, etc.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

HEHE, its really funny you mention the wife thing...shes got my old iPhone 5S and I've got the Nexus 5...the phone 1up's mine and im tried of her always bragging about it.

dak74

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I would be coming from a Nexus 5. I see a several people with that in this thread. The S6/edge are such a big hardware jump from any current phone it tempting to leave behind the stock android experience (Nexus 6 too big for me), but am definitely worried I won't like physical buttons and the new touchwiz, even with putting a google now or Nova launcher on it. Other than the Galaxy Nexus this would be my first Samsung phone.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I would be coming from an HTC One M7. I am waiting to see some comparison reviews before I decide. To be honest I enjoy my current phone and I'm really not a fan of touch wiz but the details of the m9 have me feeling underwhelmed.

My S6 reservations are the following:

1. Non expandable memory. I used my current phone for two years without it but I would prefer if I had it. My wife has had the s4 and s5. I am aware of how big touch wiz is and how much space it takes.

2. Fragility of the screen. I take care of my phones but I am a little concerned.

3. I will miss blinkfeed.

4. Battery life.

The reasons I am considering the s6edge:

1. Unique appearance / wow factor.

2. Good camera performance.

3. Wireless charging. I think I would use it at my office quite a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Droid Turbo.

Most excited for:
- Touchwiz (surprisingly, not the look but more the features like multi-tasking and such)
- Camera (camera on the droid turbo just did not live up to my expectations, Note 4 is way better)
- Finger Scanner (hoping it works properly)
- Edge screen (functionality wise as well as the feel in your hand)

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
So I believe most of us have not gotten a chance to hold or touch the s6 edge, but I was over at best buy earlier today, they were setting up a section to display the s6 and edge, it was not on display yet, but I asked them to check it out and they were nice enough to let me play with it for a few minutes.

My initial impression was good, great build and unique edges, the touchwiz UI isn't a complete refresh coming from a note 4. If the price isn't $960+tax for the 128gb version on T-Mobile, I'd definitely consider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta