Waiting for 2015 flagships or buying S6 at launch?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an S4 and Nexus 4, both will be retired this year. Two days ago the plan was to buy the S6 Edge at launch and the Nexus 6. As always, as the time to buy any electronic nears, I consider waiting or holding off for something "better." Obviously what's best for me isn't the same for everyone, and I wonder if it's worth seeing the LG4, Moto X 2015, Note 5, etc before making a decision. My guess is I'll probably fall in love with the black 64 Edge and get it immediately, but hold off on the Nexus 6 and wait for the new one (unless the Moto X kills it). I'd prefer an SD card and removable battery, who wouldn't, but my pictures/video gets transfered to my MacBook when I get home automatically via WiFi, and my video is watched on my iPad 9/10 times. I store a playlist on the phone for the gym, and usually reorganize it once a month, which doesn't take much time, and frankly I don't mind doing. Point is, between automatic data transfer (I'd rather have my pictures/documents stored at home, or Dropbox than SD card in case I lose my phone) and quick charging, the aesthetics and hardware are a fair tradeoff. Is anyone else slightly hesitant though, or have you seen enough that your mind has already been made up?

Posted via the Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes I've seen enough, I have a GS3, I've put in my time and the GS6 looks like a winner. I seriously doubt there'll be any manufacturer that makes a smaller phone than the GS6 and smaller size is #1 to me, not to mention all the great stuff in the GS6 that have been discussed here.

I'll probably wait a bit to get it since I'm not in a blinding rush to get it, I'll let some first hand real world reports to come out then make the jump. I'll go platinum/gold if it's more platinum than gold, if it's more gold I'm off to the black version.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there any Difference between the Galaxy S6 Edge phone sold in USA UK India & UAE ?
hope there wont be delays on 128gb model
Thanks

orella

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think the s6 edge will be better than other devices. I won't wait to see others, anyways you should wait a bit to buy s6 edge and see what people say about it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not waiting. Once I can actually pre-order it, I'm in. My only issue right now is that it is REALLY going to break the bank. I guess there's a second issue, it's that the Edge may not be released at the same time as the regular S6.

nivekious

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for someone to release something with a removable battery and extendable storage. Those are the two primary reasons I chose Samsung over Apple in the first place. If I can't get a phone with those options, I might as well buy an iphone.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for someone to release something with a removable battery and extendable storage. Those are the two primary reasons I chose Samsung over Apple in the first place. If I can't get a phone with those options, I might as well buy an iphone.

I prefer an SD card and removable battery too, but all things being equal, there's no way I'd choose an iPhone over the S6

Posted via the Android Central App