Samsung Pay experience

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
As I await my Samsung S6 Edge to arrive I thought I would see if anyone had tried Samsung Pay yet and what their experience was using it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, Samsung Pay is not active yet. So no one can use it, even if they got the phone early. Sure, the hardware is there, but the service is not.

You can still use it with Google Wallet to pay on terminals that accept MasterCard's PayPass (but then again, so can any NFC-enabled phone).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Summer, really what. They couldn't get it rolling sooner. Oh well I have Google Wallet (& the GW Card) so I can just use that and change between cards via my GW app.

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What I'm concerned is that stores that adopt Apple Pay won't adopt Samsung Pay, leaving potentially millions of S6 owners out in the cold.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that Samsung pay will work in most terminals everywhere.

It will work with any NFC terminals (like ones that have the pay pass logo).

It also has some sort of magnetic communication (sorry forgot what it's called) so you can simply hold your phone up to the card scanner and it will transmit tour payment info.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its backwards compatible unlike ApplePay which is only for NFC terminals and requires the retailer to upgrade, many are but its a cost issue and smaller retailers may not be ready.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Apple Pay only works with NFC readers which is still pretty uncommon in the US. The S6 also has NFC to work at these terminals. The major benefit of Samsung Pay is that it also works with standard MST (card swipe) technology that works at pretty much every store right now. NFC and Apple Pay full adoption in the US is still at least a couple years away so it's manner a gimmick at this point. But Samsung Pay is relevant now and can be used with everywhere. Samsung did an excellent job here and they are way ahead of Apple Pay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech