Traded my Nexus 6 for the S6 edge and couldnt be happier

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got my S6 Edge today from T-Mobile, I did the Jump on Saturday from my Nexus 6. I have not been a lover of Touchwiz for some time and never ever would i have thought id leave the Nexus for a Samsung but my god this phone is nice. It`s fast, blazing fast so far and Touchwiz is not the same as was on the S5 with copious amounts of bloat. Its refined, smooth and pleasant on the eye. The speaker is really loud for a single speaker, quite impressive really.

The screen on this thing is excellent, crystal clear with great colors and amazing viewing angles. The camera... hands down one of the best if not the best camera ive used on a phone to date, the image detail is stunning.

Not getting any lag at all though im am having some issues with apps taking some time to install, or not installing at all and constantly saying installing.

Fingerprint scanner is fast and works really well.

After leaving Samsung behind with the horrid Droid Charge i have to say that i am extremely happy to return. Samsung for me have hit a home run with this, really premium build and for me challenges both the iPhone and HTC for the best built handset out

Knock the snot out of my buggy N6

10570527_10206422551224596_1419585291123819711_n.jpg

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I`m actually liking the TW Launcher much to my surprise, usually i would go straight for the Google now launcher but Samsung have done a great job this year with TW

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got my S6 Edge today from T-Mobile, I did the Jump on Saturday from my Nexus 6. I have not been a lover of Touchwiz for some time and never ever would i have thought id leave the Nexus for a Samsung but my god this phone is nice. It`s fast, blazing fast so far and Touchwiz is not the same as was on the S5 with copious amounts of bloat. Its refined, smooth and pleasant on the eye. The speaker is really loud for a single speaker, quite impressive really.

The screen on this thing is excellent, crystal clear with great colors and amazing viewing angles. The camera... hands down one of the best if not the best camera ive used on a phone to date, the image detail is stunning.

Not getting any lag at all though im am having some issues with apps taking some time to install, or not installing at all and constantly saying installing.

After leaving Samsung behind with the horrid Droid Charge i have to say that i am extremely happy to return. Samsung for me have hit a home run with this, really premium build and for me challenges both the iPhone and HTC for the best built handset out

View attachment 168849

Can you keep us updated on battery life please.

Posted via the Android Central App

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sure, just put it on charge now for it's 1st charge, it charges really fast. Just to note I've disabled lookout and flipboard and I'm now going to disable some other stuff

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 168849

The more I see this phone, the more I want it. So glad I preordered. Hopefully AT&T ship mine early. Enjoy your phone!

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
One thing I will say is this charges fast, went from 40% to 75% in about 20 mins

Yeah I'm using the nexus 6, it charges pretty fast too. I love my nexus 6, its just that sometimes the screen is just too big on the other hand I love the quality of YouTube videos on the nexus 6.

Battery life is important to me,so if that's good I'll probably make the switch.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to many bugs with my Nexus 6. I've always been Nexus but this years devices have been a let down for me.y 6 would freeze up and stutter at times and in the end I felt like throwing it so it was time to go

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to many bugs with my Nexus 6. I've always been Nexus but this years devices have been a let down for me.y 6 would freeze up and stutter at times and in the end I felt like throwing it so it was time to go

Ahh,yeah that'd frustrate me too. My nexus 6 use to annoy me but with the subsequent updates battery life has improved and that was my only complaint. Hope this device works out for you. If it doesn't......its iPhone time.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahh,yeah that'd frustrate me too. My nexus 6 use to annoy me but with the subsequent updates battery life has improved and that was my only complaint. Hope this device works out for you. If it doesn't......its iPhone time.

Not a chance on the iPhone lol, i think this will work, i love every bit of it but the battery isnt as good as the N6 but i can live with that as i sit behind a desk all day or in a vehicle so i can charge anywhere, and it charges so much faster than the N6 does. I`ll keep this now until they hopefully make the note 5 just like this.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I sent my Nexus 6 back on Tuesday after 2 days of use. Great phone, but sadly a bit bigger than I wanted to deal with and battery life wasn't the best for me. I wanted the S6 Edge and I got it 128GB from AT&T and of course not until next Friday the 10th since T-Mo is delivering on their promise of early shipping and everyone else is keeping their promise to NOT ship it early.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the live report. After having it a couple of days, can you give some feedback?
How's the reading? Any problems with reading around those sexy edges? texts hard to read?
Any problems with light coming in from the side edges making you have to tilt it around to read?
Some say it's difficult to hold after awhile.
I've only played with one in the store and it's tethered to the table on a cord so it's hard to tell about how it really holds.
Thanks and glad you're enjoying it.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the live report. After having it a couple of days, can you give some feedback?
How's the reading? Any problems with reading around those sexy edges? texts hard to read?
Any problems with light coming in from the side edges making you have to tilt it around to read?
Some say it's difficult to hold after awhile.
I've only played with one in the store and it's tethered to the table on a cord so it's hard to tell about how it really holds.
Thanks and glad you're enjoying it.

The reading is fine, the screen is a little small as im used to the Nexus 6 so i have to zoom in more.

The edges cause no issues at all with reading, ive seen people say they find it awkward as the edge of the keyboard its the curve, i dont have an issue with that.

As for the light glow some had reported from the edges i can also not see anything like that at all.

Surprisingly the battery has been pretty good for me, lasting me all day, as good as the N6 anyway

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The reading is fine, the screen is a little small as im used to the Nexus 6 so i have to zoom in more.

The edges cause no issues at all with reading, ive seen people say they find it awkward as the edge of the keyboard its the curve, i dont have an issue with that.

As for the light glow some had reported from the edges i can also not see anything like that at all.

Surprisingly the battery has been pretty good for me, lasting me all day, as good as the N6 anyway

Excellent. You're talking me into it. :) Thanks

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Also coming from the N6, I'm with you on this. I miss the front-facing speakers, but the Nexus feels like a tank compared to the edge. It's nice being able to comfortably use a phone one-handed again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2