where to buy samsung 6s edge off contract ?

nadoxq8

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
so i got a at&t prepaid sim card, and i have decided on getting the edge 64g gold version.however, im not sure which carrier to choose. at first i wanted to get the unlocked version but its 400-500 $ more, and the at&t full retail price is about 910 $. both t-mobile and Verizon are cheaper. but im not sure if lte would work.

so what do you recommend guys, buy the at&t for 910, or save a 100 and get Verizon.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
so i got a at&t prepaid sim card, and i have decided on getting the edge 64g gold version.however, im not sure which carrier to choose. at first i wanted to get the unlocked version but its 400-500 $ more, and the at&t full retail price is about 910 $. both t-mobile and Verizon are cheaper. but im not sure if lte would work.

so what do you recommend guys, buy the at&t for 910, or save a 100 and get Verizon.

They should all have the same bands in them, they are just branded differently. All you would need to do is put in the APN settings for AT&T and you will get LTE.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They don't have the same lte bands. The Verizon s6e doesn't support lte band 17, att primary lte band

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sad, the phone mfg's should really just support all of the LTE bands it certainly would make the phone more useful and universal for the people who ACTUALLY buy them which is us, not the carriers. LTE was supposed to be a uniting technology and now is still keeping it fragmented.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sad, the phone mfg's should really just support all of the LTE bands it certainly would make the phone more useful and universal for the people who ACTUALLY buy them which is us, not the carriers. LTE was supposed to be a uniting technology and now is still keeping it fragmented.
Unfortunately Lte is way more fragmented than gsm/hspa.

The unlocked iphone bought directly from Apple is fully usable on all usa networks. Unfortunately, carriers demand exclusive versions. Apple can get away with the my way or Highway approach, but I don't think Samsung is there yet.

nadoxq8

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
thanks alot, but im starting to have second thoughts about the phone. i had the chance try edge at Verizon store, and it was freaking hot, almost burned my hand, and also, people are saying battery life is worse than s5. and im currently using s4 with 7500 mAh with (bluetooth, wifi, lte, brightness 90%) turned on for 2 days without charging. so having to charge it every 5-7 hours would really suck :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1