Question on battery cases

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive had experience with both external battery packs and the cases, and the cases are hands down more convenient and easier to just grab and go. Connecting to the external battery pack via usb or even wirelessly charging is a hassle and not very user friendly (at least for me). I hated having to carry around the extra battery pack in my pocket and then putting it on charge in my pocket and pulling it in and out every few minutes because I actually wanted to use my phone while it charged. However the cases are usually alot more expensive and add a little bit of bulk, which for me I can handle because the s6 edge is already really thin. The one question I have which I dont quite seem to understand, is that the mophie battery pack is listed at 3300mah and yet it only provides 'up to 100% battery charge time'. The s6 edge only has 2600mah battery shouldnt the pack charge more than 100%? The battery pack on my wifes moto x is the same way and I just dont understand the logic lol.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive had experience with both external battery packs and the cases, and the cases are hands down more convenient and easier to just grab and go. Connecting to the external battery pack via usb or even wirelessly charging is a hassle and not very user friendly (at least for me). I hated having to carry around the extra battery pack in my pocket and then putting it on charge in my pocket and pulling it in and out every few minutes because I actually wanted to use my phone while it charged. However the cases are usually alot more expensive and add a little bit of bulk, which for me I can handle because the s6 edge is already really thin. The one question I have which I dont quite seem to understand, is that the mophie battery pack is listed at 3300mah and yet it only provides 'up to 100% battery charge time'. The s6 edge only has 2600mah battery shouldnt the pack charge more than 100%? The battery pack on my wifes moto x is the same way and I just dont understand the logic lol.

Hmm, interesting. My guess is that that maybe it wasn't significant enough to include the extra as a percent?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. My guess is that that maybe it wasn't significant enough to include the extra as a percent?

Maybe but thats literally 700mah more. Thats 26% more, which seems significant to me. I dont see how that wouldnt show a significant difference in recharge capacity.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's probably because the transfer isn't 100% efficient. Some of the energy is lost while charging the device, so my guess would be that they put enough in to make it be exactly 100%.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I think it's probably because the transfer isn't 100% efficient. Some of the energy is lost while charging the device, so my guess would be that they put enough in to make it be exactly 100%.

This is correct and is true for all external battery packs. The mAh is what the pack can store, not what it can put out.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm not pleased that the Mophie S6 Edge juice pack only comes in black and gold.

i have a white S6 Edge and neither the black nor the gold mophie would complement my phone well. sigh.

live chatting with their support folks resulted in a lackluster, disappointing canned answer: "...we are always upgrading and designing new products so stayed tune to our website for future products..." This is the answer i received when i inquired if they'd come out with a white S6 Edge juice pack in addition to the black and gold version soon -- i'd rather wait. poor training for their customer service folks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar