Auto brightness issues? strange glitch?

TheRinster

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I HAVE FIGURED OUT A SOLUTION TO FIX THE AUTOMATIC DIMMING ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE!!!! I got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge about 2 weeks ago after my Samsung Galaxy S5 finally quit on me. I'm somebody that always keeps the brightness of my screen at 100% because I like it that way and I find when it's not, it strains my eyes. I know it's wasting battery, but I'm not concerned with that because I always have a portable charger with me wherever I go and can just charge my phone while it's in my purse. This super annoying glitch is something I noticed on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge right away. Even when it's set on full brightness it seems to just automatically dim by itself. I've searched around the web and done a little research and it doesn't seem like there are any ways to fix it except for maybe rooting your phone, (which I'm not doing), and it seems to just be a glitch with this specific model and I see many other people are having the exact same problem. ********However, I HAVE FIGURED OUT A QUICK SOLUTION (kind of annoying), but still a quick fix. When you see your screen all of a sudden dim, just stick the phone under a light or by a light for a second and it'll go back to full brightness. It needs to read the light on the sensor I guess. It's the only way I've seen to be able to fix it without doing anything to my phone. Hope this helps everyone who's also having this problem.

Randy 1

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes ,mine has been doing this for about 2 months now. I can not find a reason for this.?
I gave up trying to find out what's dimming it,I try to ignore it and pretty soon brightness comes back to normal, ..until the next time. No certain things seem to make it happen.

Daniel Russell1

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else get this issue? I love having my brightness cranked to the fullest to see all the beautiful colors and sharpness of the screen. I noticed the other night while in my living room, the screen was dimmer than normal it made the whites have a yellow tint to it. Well case in point i checked my brightness settings and they were cranked up along with Auto Brightness turned off.

I did check in the display options that there is a color mode setup i always have mine on Cinema because it makes it the fullest of color and never changes.

I find this to be strange and im almost wondering that regardless of what i set my brightness too something in the software is manipulating the adaptive brightness. Hmm.. This is going to drive me bonkers. I wonder if its a Lollipop thing. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

I had the same problem, but turning powersaving mode on and then off again. Helped the problem. I hope this works!

Aaivlys

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going through this and I have the original s6. This is due to the update I believe. I didn't start experiencing this until a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's from the fast charging... idk but it's annoying.

MrDriv3

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I've got the same problem blah blah. Nothing is working for me either and I've got a brand new S7. It doesn't always happen on every app but it always happens on games. I like turn based stuff so when I'm waiting for my opponent to go, the screen dims and dims and the animations get worse and worse until I touch the screen or cover up the sensors front and back and then it goes back up to full brightness. Auto bright is off, battery save is off, I've got the AMOLED cinema on etc. Still darkens my screen. Software still?

Maahtiin

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using a case for their phone, which includes magnets? I had the issue that auto brightness would dim my screen in broad daylight, as if i were in a dark room.
I have a 2in1 wallet case, which attaches the phone to the case with magnets. When i remove the phone from the case, all my brightness issues suddenly resolve itself.
Seems some cases tend to mess with the sensors.
Hope this helps anyone...

Justinstewartstl

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Man I tell ya, I am so frustrated with a similar dim screen issue, but I have an LG G5!! Tmobile sent me a replacement because my GPS was failing BADLY, and now I have a very dim display. My first device would just dim on its own from time to time but this one is always dim! Called t mobile and they are shipping another device tomorrow so we will see how that works. Again, even though this is an LG G5 an not a Samsung, I'm left asking the same question...how could they be messing up such great device with such an oversight? Payed too much money to be spending so much time swapping phones!

tehsideshow

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm the magnet in the case seemed to be causing the screen to flicker when in the sun. Removed the case with a magnet and the problem instantly stopped. It never did this before the software update, but for whatever reason it does do it now.

Sky Vohra

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else get this issue? I love having my brightness cranked to the fullest to see all the beautiful colors and sharpness of the screen. I noticed the other night while in my living room, the screen was dimmer than normal it made the whites have a yellow tint to it. Well case in point i checked my brightness settings and they were cranked up along with Auto Brightness turned off.

I did check in the display options that there is a color mode setup i always have mine on Cinema because it makes it the fullest of color and never changes.

I find this to be strange and im almost wondering that regardless of what i set my brightness too something in the software is manipulating the adaptive brightness. Hmm.. This is going to drive me bonkers. I wonder if its a Lollipop thing. Thanks!

S6 and S7 alongwith their edge😂😂😂 have world best mobile display. When auto mode is off you get control of brightness to a extent. However, it is always on in backend to provide you extra backlight in extreme bright conditions.

Still, it provides only extra, never reduces the level set by you.

Cheetos41

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

Try looking for "Smart Brightness" and turn it off.

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm turning off the 'auto adjust the screen tone' setting to see if that helps...