Does a case make it more difficult to swipe on the curved edge?

GMaster7

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thought about posting this in the case thread, but that's more about showcasing and discussing the merits of specific cases on offer, so I'm making a new thread instead. This is a question for those of you who have already received your phones (a little early) and for those of you who receive them this Friday.

My question is: When using a case with the S6 Edge, do you find it more difficult to swipe in from the sides or make contact with the curved part of the screen? I'm thinking of getting the Spigen TPU case, which has a raised lip around its border so that the phone can be placed face-down without the glass rubbing against the surface of whatever it's resting on, but I want to make sure that having a case wrap around the sides of the device up to the screen doesn't impede its usability at all.

I have a TPU case on my Moto X 2013 and I absolutely love the way it feels (and looks), but when I need to drag an icon to the edge of the screen, I usually have to actually push the TPU away from the phone so that it kind of bends outward - otherwise, I can't reliably touch the sides of the screen. I want to make sure that a TPU case (or any case, I guess) won't make the Edge less usable. I want a case for protection and to round out the kind-of-sharp metal edge of the device, but I don't want to lose any touchable screen real estate or wrestle with it when I want to swipe inward or outward.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the spigen seen attached and love it. Edges are free from obstruction.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

Attachments

• 690.jpg
    690.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 166

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid case and it only covers along the side bezel, right under the screen. I have no obstructions to the edges and no problems swiping from either side

Posted from my Galaxy S6 Edge

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid case and it only covers along the side bezel, right under the screen. I have no obstructions to the edges and no problems swiping from either side

Any way you can post a photo of your phone in that case?

GMaster7

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your responses, guys! Very reassuring. Still haven't decided on which case I'll get - I was leaning towards the Neo Hybrid because I really like the look of it, but now I'm leaning towards the TPU shown above.

Posted via Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Any way you can post a photo of your phone in that case?

Love my Spigen Neo Hybrid - zero issues swiping from the sides. Not only does it give added protection and far better gripability, I also happen to think it enhances the look of an already stunning phone.

20150403_034509547_iOS.jpg
20150403_034542166_iOS.jpg

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Love my Spigen Neo Hybrid - zero issues swiping from the sides. Not only does it give added protection and far better gripability, I also happen to think it enhances the look of an already stunning phone.

View attachment 170403
View attachment 170404

Yeah that looks real nice. I got a very similar case made by Obliq and I'm hoping it turns out looking as good as that when my phone comes.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I'll try let me take a pic with my tablet lol

**So the pics posted look great, my tablet takes horrible pictures. Very solid case with a good level of protection in my opinion.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So far from the cases I have used the answer is no. I have the spigen tough armor case, spigen capsule ultra rugged, verus damda slide and verus crystal slide. SO far none of these cases affects edge screen at all. And because the phone feels so thin, the cases are not bulky at all. I also have a few obliq cases on the way and the verus thor active. Ill update once I get them in. (I know this is a lot of cases lol I like to switch things up and they were on sale when I got them)

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Got the official Samsung Protective Case, I like how minimal and stock Samsung (if that makes sense) it looks. No loss in functionality.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150410_160712.jpg
    20150410_160712.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20150410_160651.jpg
    20150410_160651.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150410_160952.jpg
    20150410_160952.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 34

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought two of the Spiegen ones, not thrilled with either. Got an Incipio through Verizon that feels way better and looks better on the phone in my opinion.
DualPro case

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I got it too. Very light and great access to the sides and edges. The only problem is that it is very tight where the lips come over the corners. This interfere a bit with the screen protector I put on (Spigen), which is fairly thin, but pushed in and bubbled a bit in the corner - not enough to be a problem over the actual display, though. I'm just worried what will happen when I get the curved glass protector from Amzen - hope it fits and doesn't crack!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01